WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after much deliberation, I decided to go with the white 7900. I figured if I didn't like the color after a while, I could always dye it. I'm typically not a flashy person, so a white watch is "out there" for me, but so far I love it and find that with the right clothing, it's not bad at all and really pulls the outfit together (wow I just sounded like a chick)! Anyway, it took me a good 2 hours of reading and screwing around to get my tide and moon graphs setup properly, but now that I have it, it all makes sense. Funny how that works...

Anyway, thanks for all the advice from everyone and for all the awesome pictures that convinced me to go this route.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Nice G !! I really like how the blue comes out and is not overkill. I am really not a fan of Blue watches. I really think the white looks sharp. Very cool watch. I have been eyeing these rescue watches as well (as well as 34 other G's that are on my list).

Enjoy the watch. :-!

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's a fantastic choice there! I have the black one too but suddenly I feel I am starting to like the white one quite a fair bit.. very nice. Enjoy.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Nice. I wonder how many prefer it in red color? Maybe we should start a poll. :)

·
Banned
1,696 Posts
WOW! Didn't even know they made a white one!!

...Just got the black 7900B last week and LOVE it. Just wish there was a way to turn off the hour beep. I was able to mute the push button beep tone. But saw nothing in the instructions about the hour one. Just feels like time is slipping away every time I hear it lol. Congrats -Ronbo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: WOW! Didn't even know they made a white one!!

...Just got the black 7900B last week and LOVE it. Just wish there was a way to turn off the hour beep. I was able to mute the push button beep tone. But saw nothing in the instructions about the hour one. Just feels like time is slipping away every time I hear it lol. Congrats -Ronbo
Hi Ronbo!

To get rid of the hourly beep, hit the mode button 5 times to get to the alarm screen. then hit the split/reset button until the top screen reads "SIG". THen hit the adjust button Once causing the sig indicator (top one of four, vertically on the right side) to disappear. Was it waking you up? Every hour?! Arrgh!

·
Registered
21 Posts

R474, I too got the black one, but your white looks great. Plus it doesn't have the red button which I'm not too enthused about. And the decorative screws actually look good in grey against white. For some reason, I don't really like the black on black screws.

But what a great module! Loud alarm, big (for a G) numbers, variable backlight, and TIME VISIBLE IN ALL MODES!

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm loving my white g-7900 as well except that you should clean it every time you sweat or are out doing any type of work. I've had it only for a week but on the underside of the strap it has already turned a little yellow due to sweat during the day.

Now I just make sure to rinse it off after I've had it on for a little bit. Hopefully it stays pearly white for a while.

·
Registered
249 Posts

Congrats on the Great White. Looks really sharp.

But what a great module! Loud alarm, big (for a G) numbers, variable backlight, and TIME VISIBLE IN ALL MODES!
Actually, time is only visible in countdown mode. In stopwatch mode, time is visible until you activate the stopwatch, then it is replaced by the hour counter.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
not really my colour, but a great watch nevertheless. G-7900 rocks :-!

cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

You can say that again! I was riding my motorcycle to work this morning and my alarm went off (telling me I was late :-s) and I heard it...even over my engine, WITH my helmet on. Now THAT'S an alarm! |>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts