WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My birthday is coming up in April and the wife has given me the green light to ad to my collection. I have my heart set on the Glycine Lagunare 1000le or the Fortis B-42 Marinemaster. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357444781.462674.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357444910.710765.jpg
I like both with the whiteface but I think the Glycine will be hard to come by as it is a limited addition.

Here's the catch. She wants to pick it out for me so we have to broaden the choices a bit. Similar styling and in the $1000-$1500 price range. Function is not as important as the look to me as I have no plans to dive or fly a plane anytime soon. I don't have fins or wings so I plan on staying on the ground.

Suggestions and pics appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Why not look at a Stowa Flieger? It has some WWII heritage there and even with a COSC upgrade and alligator strap you will be well within budget. If you order now, you will have it by April.

If if the water resistance is the key here, a Seatime would be a great choice as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not look at a Stowa Flieger? It has some WWII heritage there and even with a COSC upgrade and alligator strap you will be well within budget. If you order now, you will have it by April.

If if the water resistance is the key here, a Seatime would be a great choice as well.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've looked at Stowa before and while I can appreciate their traditional, clean design, they are a little to plain looking for me.

Thanks for looking though.

·
Registered
798 Posts
They are both nice - personally I think the Glycine edges it on looks, but it is a big watch though (44mm vs Fortis 42mm), so would be worth you trying them both on before deciding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts