WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have recently joined the watchuseek community but I have been an avid lover of watches sense I was a child. I am currently an owner of a few watches my favorite the Seiko Black Monster.

I am looking into purchasing a new diver the contenders being: Halios Laguna and Halios Puck

My first choice is the puck, I love everything about it but am worried it is a little big for my 6.75 wrist. I wish there was a way to try it on before purchasing. I have even scaled a picture to the right size in order to get an idea of what it would look and feel like.

Does anyone have a picture comparison of the Monster and the puck. It would be great to see them next to each other and also on the same wrist.

I have tried searching for these particular pictures and have had no luck.

What do you guys think is it to big for me?

And

Does anyone have comparison pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks pretty big to me. I think I would find it uncomfortable. I like bigger watches because I can read them better, but when it reaches a point where I am constantly bumping it into things, digging the crown into my hand, can't bend my wrist, etc., I'd prefer a smaller one. Those look like they would be beyond that point for me (small wrists).

As far as looks go, some prefer big watches and some don't. I'd say to get it if you like it. Definitely see if you can find one in person so you can get a feel for how it feels on your wrist before buying it though.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Hard to say Ivan, my take is the monster looks perfect. Not sure of the pucks size. My wrist is 7.25 and I wear a Tuna, and don't feel it is to big at all, it is the same large round shape as the puck.
With the one angle pic of the puck on your wrist it's hard to tell.

More importantly is what do you think? Do you like the way it wears?

Looking at it again, maybe it is the bracelet - usually for me when I wear a larger watch on strap it sits better.
I think it is fine.
Regards
zrobt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to say Ivan, my take is the monster looks perfect. Not sure of the pucks size. My wrist is 7.25 and I wear a Tuna, and don't feel it is to big at all, it is the same large round shape as the puck.
With the one angle pic of the puck on your wrist it's hard to tell.

More importantly is what do you think? Do you like the way it wears?
Regards
zrobt
I have 0 comlaints in regard to the monster, I just have an itch for something new and unique.

In regard to the way the monster feels; well it feels great, I have never felt it was to big. At times I do wish the monster had a bigger presence on my wrist, which is why I am looking at the puck.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Love my puck. I have a 7" wrist and it fits just fine. It's 47mm, but since it's a lugless design, it doesn't wear nearly as large as the size suggests. I've had Monsters before, and it definitely bigger, but not comically so.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355190470.256672.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Also, the puck seems to be holding its value pretty well. If you did decide you didn't trike it, you could probably just sell it for a minimal loss or none at all if you pick up a used one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love my puck. I have a 7" wrist and it fits just fine. It's 47mm, but since it's a lugless design, it doesn't wear nearly as large as the size suggests. I've had Monsters before, and it definitely bigger, but not comically so.

View attachment 901305

Thanks for the picture, I love the way the puck looks.

Do you happen to to have a comparison shot of the two watches???

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had the same concern (sorry no comparison pictures as I don't own the Seiko), but I picked up a pre-loved one (thanks Dave) that came in the mail just today. I have very small, although flat, wrists and I have to say that I love the way it wears and wish I would have bought it sooner. As others have said, it has seemed to retain its value, so there is not a lot of risk in trying it, and in my opinion, while it may technically be 47mm, the lugless design wears smaller. Here is a quick picture I took today after receiving it (my wrist is at a slight angle...it doesn't actually hang off the end of my wrist when looking straight on because of the lugless design).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Sorry my monsters are long gone. Best I can do is a side by side with my 42mm Shark Diver.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355191855.246655.jpg

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
It really depends on taste, tool diver personally I can live with a larger watch than a dress watch.

But in term of comfort, some oversized watch is decent while some is totally pain to wear if you have a small wrist.

for me the Tuna wore great while the ecozilla ...not so much. The ribs on the citizen was a pain to wear because it was so stiff, while the seiko strap drapes over the wrist.

7inch wrist

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Part of the issue is personal preference. I have an 8" wrist and could wear a watch of nearly any size and yet, I prefer a case size of 44mm or less. I owned a Puck and liked everything about the watch except for the size, so I sold it. It would've been a keeper at 44mm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Khenrick said:
I had the same concern (sorry no comparison pictures as I don't own the Seiko), but I picked up a pre-loved one (thanks Dave) that came in the mail just today. I have very small, although flat, wrists and I have to say that I love the way it wears and wish I would have bought it sooner. As others have said, it has seemed to retain its value, so there is not a lot of risk in trying it, and in my opinion, while it may technically be 47mm, the lugless design wears smaller. Here is a quick picture I took today after receiving it (my wrist is at a slight angle...it doesn't actually hang off the end of my wrist when looking straight on because of the lugless design).
Thanks for the heads up, I am extremely happy that you were in the same boat as I as.

Slowly I am leaning more and more in the pucks direction.

litlmn said:
Sorry my monsters are long gone. Best I can do is a side by side with my 42mm Shark Diver.
Thanks for the picture anyway, it is nice to see how the puck stacks up agains others also

iam7head said:
It really depends on taste, tool diver personally I can live with a larger watch than a dress watch
My thoughts exactly, it seems like you guys are doing a good job securing another customer for halios.:-!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
As others have said, it's a matter of personal taste. I've got a 7" relatively flat wrist and the Puck fits me well so it should probably work well for your wrist. It is surprisingly comfortable for its size, I often sleep with it without issue. Here's a pic on my wrist. Unfortunately I don't own the Seiko so I don't have a comparison pic.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As others have said, it's a matter of personal taste. I've got a 7" relatively flat wrist and the Puck fits me well so it should probably work well for your wrist. It is surprisingly comfortable for its size, I often sleep with it without issue. Here's a pic on my wrist. Unfortunately I don't own the Seiko so I don't have a comparison pic.

View attachment 901464
Awesome photo...The DLC does look as good as always

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
P1000179.jpg Here's a side by side for you IvanZoz. As you can see the case size of the Puck is not much larger than the Monster (just a bit taller) and I'm pleased to tell you that it wears extremely comfortably and looks great on any strap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
View attachment 901541 Here's a side by side for you IvanZoz. As you can see the case size of the Puck is not much larger than the Monster (just a bit taller) and I'm pleased to tell you that it wears extremely comfortably and looks great on any strap.
I am very happy to see that the puck is not HUGE, I actually think it is perfect.

Thank you so much for the picture. Is there any way you could take another with the watches lug to lug?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
If you like it, i'm pretty sure the Puck will work fine on you, it's big but not ridiculously big and there's no overhanging due to it's lugless design.
For reference, i've a small 6,4-6,5 inch wrist.

puck.jpg

·
Registered
365 Posts
"Too big"--hard to say. I bought the DLC Puck on a whim (figuring I could flip it if I didn't like it) because I liked so many of it's design elements. Within one day of recieving the Puck, it has (unexpectedly) become a favorite watch. Though it's no shrinking violet it wears very well on my 7.5" wrist and I've yet to get any "wow, that's a big watch" comments. I've personally forgotten that it's there. And, while it's the thickest watch I own, for some reason I have yet to bang it into anything. So overall, I'd say the design is pretty amazing considering it's 47mm size.

If you look at the pic marlowe55 posted you can see that "springbar-to-springbar", the Monster and the Puck are virtually identical--that might help you in imagining how it would wear on your wrist.

Personally, I'd say go for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts