WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, it's been awhile since I checked in. I see I have much to catch up on, but this is only my third brief trip to the internet in about 16 days.

Was going to recall a thread caled "Doxa in Iraq" as part of this post, but a search didn't turn it up. I did however catch another post, so it appears there may be (at least?) three Doxas in Iraq! I am currently working in beautiful downtown Baghdad, on a bit of an extended stay. For timekeeping, I chose my work Yao Seiko and my Divingstar GMT (seemed appropriate for tracking the time difference from home). Unfortunately, the GMT broke today (probably due to a drop it incurred :-( ). But no bother, I signed on to contact service and see about sending it in for repair. I'm sure in no time I will be able to deliver a glowing report of satisfied customer service from Doxa, and on the bright side, I don't have nearly as far as the USA to ship the watch!

We should have regular access to the internet in a day or two, and I will be around much more again. Looking forward to reading all the threads I missed in the past couple of weeks!

I'll be back soon,

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Glad to see that you are safe. I believe that you will be very happy with Doxa Service. they are the most "customer friendly" watch company that I have encountered.
Arthur

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
T-Bone, glad to hear from you let us know how it all goes.
Be safe, and see you on the forum.
Regards
Robert
Hi guys, it's been awhile since I checked in. I see I have much to catch up on, but this is only my third brief trip to the internet in about 16 days.

Was going to recall a thread caled "Doxa in Iraq" as part of this post, but a search didn't turn it up. I did however catch another post, so it appears there may be (at least?) three Doxas in Iraq! I am currently working in beautiful downtown Baghdad, on a bit of an extended stay. For timekeeping, I chose my work Yao Seiko and my Divingstar GMT (seemed appropriate for tracking the time difference from home). Unfortunately, the GMT broke today (probably due to a drop it incurred :-( ). But no bother, I signed on to contact service and see about sending it in for repair. I'm sure in no time I will be able to deliver a glowing report of satisfied customer service from Doxa, and on the bright side, I don't have nearly as far as the USA to ship the watch!

We should have regular access to the internet in a day or two, and I will be around much more again. Looking forward to reading all the threads I missed in the past couple of weeks!

I'll be back soon,

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
T Bone:

Be careful out there.
Stay safe.

Steve

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Keep your head down and stay safe T Bone.
Are you flying or Hummering?
Hope the GMT is back with you in working order really fast.
I would think Doxa will pull out all the stops to get it back to your wrist asap.
Best regards
Andy

·
Registered
341 Posts
Stay safe and THANK YOU for your service!

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Hey T, it snowed here yesterday and today it struggled to reach 40! I have a feeling your weather is a wee bit warmer there. Stay safe and keep in touch when you can!!!

Paul

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I should have said we'd have regular internet service in a "week or two" I guess! Just got it up and running today, hopefully it will stay that way.

For the record, I'm civilian, working on a project for Uncle Sam (construction). Reletively safe in the IZ (International Zone) thanks to the various military (many more countries than I had realized) and the private contracted security (a huge group from Latin America, centering on Peru).

We do hear many of the explosions (very sad) but most are outside the IZ. Occasional mortar and RPG rounds come our way, but so far none all that close.

I've also finally gotten better access to mail/shipping facilities, so I will FINALLY be sending my GMT off to Doxa's capable hands in the next few days. Frankly, I wish I'd brought a another watch or two, as I miss them :) . Possibly will need to take delivery of a new Doxa while I'm here? (PVD... PVD...). I am sure I'll get the GMT back as quickly as they are able anyway.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Glad to hear you're safe and sound, T! :-!

(It snowed today, flurries and showers all day, got real slippery for a while. Wind chill was 9 this morning! ;-) )

Paul

·
Registered
30 Posts
I will be joining you in a few weeks, on the military side though, so we can add one more doxa to the Iraqi contingent!!. Not sure which one to take though.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Bob! I've seen lots of British soldiers at the local PX and they fly over us frequently in helicopters (a model I don't recognize, similar in size to our Black Hawks).

As to which one to take, a hint here.... I wish I'd brought at least one more of mine!

Looks like a Naval vessel in your avatar, so I'm guessing the Royal Navy? Keep safe and get back home soon.

Paul, I really do need to thank you for the graphic description of Michigan weather, something I will NOT miss this winter! :-!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.