WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ended up buying an Oris F1 Williams for my brother (best man) and Fossil twist for my other groomsmen :-d

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Groomsmen Gifts

First of all, I want to say that this is an excellent idea.

Additionally, I strongly endorse the idea of a mechanical watch. A quartz watch isn't really anything unique, and you're paying for the casing more than anything else. Inside, the watch is effectively a Timex, and you wouldn't give that as a groomsman gift. A mechanical watch is a real watch. It's a special gift.

You can get a Stowa Antea in cream or black for EUR 296. Christopher Ward has some fabulous watches between 100 and 200 British Pounds.

This is a good idea. I'm getting married in Aug. I have been trying to think of everything under the moon for gifts. I don't know want to do the typical flask or beer glass. Watch may be a good idea but I have to keep the price reasonable!
I understand completely. There was no way I was going to give beer mugs, wallets, engraved money clips, or flasks as a groomsman gift. (All of which are items that I have received.) I wanted to give my pals something they would really use. In the end, I gave my (rather preppy) groomsmen blazer buttons from their respective colleges and a small LL Bean duffel bag with their monogram. I know that all four of them wear the buttons on their blue blazers and use the duffel bags for weekend trips.

Meanwhile, I have a stash of personalized beer mugs, cheap wallets/money clips, and flasks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
. . . and why not a watch

You guys are just plain MAD! Why waste $$$ on the grooms, the vast majority do not give a s..t about watches (unless they are of this WUS fraternity)! Your hard earned money will be spent on a gift that will probably end up in a drawer, unused. What is wrong doing to a couple of bars, getting really, really pissed? The most memorable weddings are those where you have a king of a hangover! AND, the money you save-you can use it to buy yourself a nice watch!
I strongly disagree with this. In theory, all of my groomsmen would have appreciated a serious (read: mechanical) watch, but in practice it wasn't a good idea. By the time I got married, they were a bunch of 35-year-old professionals (consultants, bankers, doctors, professors). At least three of them had already bought themselves nice watches or had inherited fancy watches from older relatives. So, for that reason my watch gift would have gone into a drawer.

But whatever you decide, get them something that they can actually use.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A friend of mine got an Orange Monster from a wedding he attended. He was one of the groomsmen. I thought that was really cool! I wish I could have met the groom to find out if he was a WIS.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you are going to buy several at once you could get a lower end auto: Tissot PR50 comes to mind or one of the Seikos mentioned.
If most of the guys are not into watches go with a mechanical movement because they probably don't have one and will remember where the watch came from.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you are going to buy several at once you could get a lower end auto: Tissot PR50 comes to mind or one of the Seikos mentioned.
If most of the guys are not into watches go with a mechanical movement because they probably don't have one and will remember where the watch came from.
read the thread. you are a few weeks late. he already bought the watches. |>

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think that was a reply to the topic. I don't think he was directing it to the original poster. Kinda like I'm going to make a suggestion, even though I know he already bought them. I'm doing this in case other people are interested in groomsmen gifts.
Good looking Seiko5
Automatic
Exhibition Case Back
$101.99

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Seiko-Mens-5-Sports-Automatic-Watch/3134736/product.html?

Forum review on this watch here...
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=15079&highlight=SNK031

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.