WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know anything about Grossex watches? (or "Crossex" - the first letter is stylised to look like a clock-face and is somewhat indeterminate between a "G" and a "C", but I came across a reference to Grossex somewhere)

I have a partially skeletonised hunter-style pocketwatch with the marking :

"Grossex
17 Jewels Incabloc
Swiss Made"

GnLgtwUl.jpg
[click for larger image]

I don't think it's terribly old, but I can't find any information on Grossex watches. "Incabloc" obviously provides a terminus a quo, but I assume it's from rather later than that. Perhaps from the 1970s or 1980s? Does anyone know anything about this company/watch?

And photos of the movement (the back of the back plate confirms "Grossex"):

[click for larger]

[click for larger]

[click for larger]

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
The "1233" on the bridge and and the "RAX" under the balance wheel tell us this is a Ronda 1233: bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Ronda 1233-21

Can't tell if this one is a jeweled lever or a pin lever, but I don't see a lot of superfulous cap jewels, so probably a jeweled lever. It's a small wristwatch-style movement in a larger case, typical for novelty pocketwatches made past the 70's and 80's. The company on the movement has a number of trademarks, but "Grossex" or "Crossex" isn't one of them: Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Thanks AbslomRob.

I wonder if this sort of watch is worth having serviced at all.
Does it need serviced.?
If running, just use as is.

Its not going to damage it.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
It's running (though it runs a bit fast), so I don't think it needs servicing. I was just speculating about the value of preventive servicing.
I think no issue, it is a pretty modern tough movement.
Wear and enjoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts