WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was never a Omega lover before till I bumped onto a Vintage Omega Tuning Fork f300 recently. That's when the brand starts to grow inside me.... And I mean the vintages. Simple clean dial without the fussy chronos dials..... SS bracelet... That was what attracts me.

Sharing with you bros what I got recently for myself... Think they are definitely not going to be my last Omega!

1. The f300 tuning fork... I was mesmerized by the red omega logo and the smooth sweeping second hand. The soft "humming" sound given by the tuning fork vibrations is amazing.

2. Then I found this... Really simple rectangular design, automatic.... I liked the way it hugs onto my wrist.. At the same time it's simplicity and clean dial is what attracts me.

The poison has seeped into me....

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
It is growing, you need some constellations and seamasters to balance all that Geneve :D

·
Premium Member
13,590 Posts
vintage Omega is like Mopar B Body and E Body muscle cars, once you bought one, you want to buy another

Reactions: Vinc04

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really can't agree more with you guys.... Well I have to be very selective over these vintages as not all are in good running conditions taking into considerations their age. Yes Seamasters and Constellation model is next in line on my search list... But really have to look around pre-owned shops carefully.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yup, this is the mirror dial lobster. It's quite a hard dial to photograph. It looks huge on my little girly-man wrist but its very comfortable. Here is a better photo of the bracelet.
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, this is the mirror dial lobster. It's quite a hard dial to photograph. It looks huge on my little girly-man wrist but its very comfortable. Here is a better photo of the bracelet.
View attachment 886089
Nice! So far haven't bump into any of these in Singapore yet.... It's a classic! A lot of people shy away from tuning fork technology as there isn't any good shops that can service or repair it over here. If it is spoilt, sending back to Omega Service Centre Will probably burn a big hole into our pockets, thus it wasn't that popular despite its good look

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The lobster case and bracelet isn't that common (compared to other F300 models). Here is a photo of another type, the cushion case Speedsonic with applied markers. I recently sold this one but enjoy the photo anyway :)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
910 Posts
I also love the classic C case design, it is simplicity at its finest. Definitely love my f300 Connie, it amazes me that this technology was designed to last the test of time, that 40 years later it still works. Mine runs about 2 minutes fast a month, that type of accuracy and the fact that it is such a unique timepiece makes it that much better. Always keeping my eye out for another one since they will be come more and more scare as time move on.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The lobster case and bracelet isn't that common (compared to other F300 models). Here is a photo of another type, the cushion case Speedsonic with applied markers. I recently sold this one but enjoy the photo anyway :)
View attachment 886536
wow! This is nice... The blue dial and chronos... Probably the predecessor for the current speed masters series

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I also love the classic C case design, it is simplicity at its finest. Definitely love my f300 Connie, it amazes me that this technology was designed to last the test of time, that 40 years later it still works. Mine runs about 2 minutes fast a month, that type of accuracy and the fact that it is such a unique timepiece makes it that much better. Always keeping my eye out for another one since they will be come more and more scare as time move on.
Bro, you are right, I was also amazed at how these watches can last till now and yet still giving good time. Well I wasn't that particular over the few mins it lost in a month due to its age. My only concern is not to cause any damage to it. Repairing of tuning fork in Singapore is not possible and the known nearest place to send for repair is Hong Kong. Thus I'm very careful on when to wear it and also takes extra care of it.. Yes you are right, if I do bump into another good condition tuning fork, I'll do the same like you and probably pounced onto it!

in fact I nearly got another one earlier but it was sold away while I was still indecisive about whether to grab it or not. It's the model as the picture below

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Bro, you are right, I was also amazed at how these watches can last till now and yet still giving good time. Well I wasn't that particular over the few mins it lost in a month due to its age. My only concern is not to cause any damage to it. Repairing of tuning fork in Singapore is not possible and the known nearest place to send for repair is Hong Kong. Thus I'm very careful on when to wear it and also takes extra care of it.. Yes you are right, if I do bump into another good condition tuning fork, I'll do the same like you and probably pounced onto it!

in fact I nearly got another one earlier but it was sold away while I was still indecisive about whether to grab it or not. It's the model as the picture below

just make sure you observe the rules of the date change not between 9:pm and 3am. And don't change the date unnecessarily as its the thin plastic date wheels that tend to break and are VERY hard to source. good luck

1 - 20 of 29 Posts