WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
metalResin_pressBanner.jpg

This Fall Casio America, Inc. will release their most sophisticated and prestigious timepiece collection to date: the MT-G: Metal Twisted G-SHOCK, combining G-SHOCK performance and technology with distinct luxury appeal. The new G-SHOCK range is defined as grown up G-SHOCK with a more refined style.

The Metal Twisted G-SHOCK collection consists of three premium chronograph models. The models are created with the highest standards of engineering and rigorous testing at G-SHOCK’s design centre in Japan to ensure that every piece remains true to the original G-SHOCK tough as nails concept, whilst a combination of the finest materials and opulent styling deliver a true luxury timepiece.

Casio-GShock-MTGS1000D-1A.jpg

With materials and components made entirely in-house, the stainless steel covering of the MT-G employs G-SHOCK’s advanced Core Guard Structure of stainless steel, resin and alpha Gel® to ensure mechanical integrity, coupled with LED-infused Tough Movement for ongoing precision.
As for accuracy, multi-band 6 atomic timekeeping ensures accuracy through radio-controlled time/date updates from global transmitting stations, along with Triple G Resist for shock, gravitational drop and centrifugal force resistance.

The masculine looking MT-G range features a dual-layer watch face with four sub dials, activated via a Smart Access electronic crown. The smart access technology allows intuitive operational access to all key functions by simply unlocking the quick-lock crown and turning it in the desired direction.

Casio_G-Shock_MT-G_back_560.jpg

The Sapphire crystal mineral glass with anti-glare coating allows visual clarity while the composite band of solid stainless steel links is layered on the underside with soft-touch resin panels for a luxurious feel against the skin; and at the same time further enhancing the MT-G’s overall shock resistance.

G-SHOCK MTGS1000D-1A

Casio_G-Shock_MTGS1000D-1A.jpg

This first generation of MT-G timepieces is available from November in three exclusive models. The MTGS1000D-1A will launch first in polished stainless steel & resin and will retail for $900.

G-SHOCK MTGS1000BD-1A

mtgs1000bd-1a.jpg

In December the MTGS1000BD-1A will roll out, finished in refined black Ion Plated stainless steel & resin for $1000.

30th Anniversary special: G-SHOCK MTGS1030BD-1A

mtgs1030bd-1a.jpg

And then in January will be the launch of G-SHOCK’s 30th anniversary special, the black Ion Plated MTGS1030BD-1A is a limited edition featuring gold highlights and a unique, red panelled bracelet band retailing for $1100 true to the brand’s heritage colours of black & red.

Visit the Casio G-Shock website

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
very nice watch

ways too heavy for my arm and wallet

i can't read the time

if I have 1k to spend on Gshock: a nice 9900 frogman, 8900dgk, gw5630..... oopsss LOLz

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I thought it would have looked much better if Casio was more aggressive with its hands and indices.
The massive case with tiny and somewhat "dressy" hands and indices just doesn't look right to me.
It'd be nice to have a greater colour contrast between the hands & indices and the dial as well.
Make a MT-G with the indices and hands from this:

758139d1341757159-gw-a1000-officially-announced-raf-watch-gw-a1000raf-1ajf.jpg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The 2 black Ion plated versions are very tempting, especially the 30th Anniv one, a late Crimbo present perhaps ?????

·
Registered
636 Posts
What a beauty, too bad it isn't a screw back (even for the MRG). :(

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Nice watches, and nice shiny press release, except for the fact that Casio has been making MT-G's, aka "Metal Twisted G's" starting with the MTG-500 series in 2000, followed by the MTG-100 series, MTG-700 series, and the relatively popular, missing a countdown timer MTG-900 series in 2003.

"This first generation of MT-G timepieces is available from November in three exclusive models...."

Is this corporate revisionist history, or just someone in Casio's marketing department that's too lazy to do proper research? :-d

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Oh yeah, for 500 bucks I would definitively be getting it. But $1000 for a watch that I would have to wear only "formally" (no way in hell would I use something like that on a gnarly bike ride, for instance), I would rather spend that kind of money on a boutique auto diver.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Nice, but not $1k nice.
You got that right. However I bet if you keep watch on the Buy and Sell forum, in a couple of years you'll find one that's more affordable...

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I've got a MTG-900 that cost right at $100, and just upgraded my G-511 to a SS and resin band for less than $200 total, which basically makes it the same thing. I can't see paying $1k for one, not even with the extra features mine don't have..

I love my G-511 now that I got a bracelet for it though and wear it all the time. b-)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Kind of like build it and they will come, IMHO Casio is attempting to test the waters with this watch to see just how far they can request MSRP take a look at all the hype , was in B&N last night found this watch advertised in several magazines. I like this time piece but feel it is falling short for what they are requesting price wise they needed to do a better job of reinventing the wheel and steer this watch upwards in the direction of the MR-G series. Undecided if I will purchase this one I have been waiting for new watch with a sweeping second hand but not so sure this is it.
Nice watches, and nice shiny press release, except for the fact that Casio has been making MT-G's, aka "Metal Twisted G's" starting with the MTG-500 series in 2000, followed by the MTG-100 series, MTG-700 series, and the relatively popular, missing a countdown timer MTG-900 series in 2003.

"This first generation of MT-G timepieces is available from November in three exclusive models...."

Is this corporate revisionist history, or just someone in Casio's marketing department that's too lazy to do proper research? :-d

1 - 20 of 178 Posts