WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
I searched the forum and did not find much info on these brands.

I recently bought a Gevril watch (a "Prime minister" model), and couple of (new) Gruens (they are "curvex" style, which was one of the reasons I liked them, but frankly, I was not able to find other than vintage Gruen mentions), all of these are quartz. Now, what do you think of these brands?

I did not have time to took the pictures yet, but I'll try to add them soon.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: Gruen and Gevril opinions

The Prime Minister model is a new Gevril with a Technotime 7529 movememnt.

I believe they are also manufactured in China. They are considered a higher end Chinese manufactured watch.
Grades of Chinese watches - Chinese Watch Industry Wiki

By the way, some of the Chinese watches are very high quality watches with lots of great features for very reasonable money.

I am currently wearing a Chinese manufactured 35 jewel German watch and it is an awesome timepiece. I have looked at that Gevril many times and consider it a very nice timepiece. Please post some pics!

John

·
Registered
38,770 Posts

:roll: I still wouldn't have one, even on a bet.
The Prime Minister model is a new Gevril with a Technotime 7529 movememnt.

I believe they are also manufactured in China. They are considered a higher end Chinese manufactured watch.
Grades of Chinese watches - Chinese Watch Industry Wiki

By the way, some of the Chinese watches are very high quality watches with lots of great features for very reasonable money.

I am currently wearing a Chinese manufactured 35 jewel German watch and it is an awesome timepiece. I have looked at that Gevril many times and consider it a very nice timepiece. Please post some pics!

John

·
Registered
492 Posts

:roll: I still wouldn't have one, even on a bet.
Wouldn't have one of what? Gevril, Gruen or any Chinese watch?

·
Registered
38,770 Posts

That Gevril looks like the ones made before Samuel Friedmann took the name, met him in December 2002. Avenue of America
is the only line be produced right now and has been for a few years. Still have that bottle of Gevril Cab. my rep game me 7
years ago. The older name flooded the Gray Market. Even sent Stan Sirody a Gevril cap as a joke. I don't recall hearing the
Gruen name being cranked up again, coming out of Switzerland. We all know the Chinese woundn't do that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I don't recall hearing the
Gruen name being cranked up again, coming out of Switzerland. We all know the Chinese woundn't do that.
What do you mean? Do you think these are not genuine Gruen or not swiss made?

(BTW Who is Stan Sirody supposed to be?)

·
Registered
38,770 Posts

I don't think so, but I've been wrong before. You can visit Stan on Watchnet and Timezone and he knows far more than I do. He's well known to watch forum addicts.
What do you mean? Do you think these are not genuine Gruen or not swiss made?

(BTW Who is Stan Sirody supposed to be?)

·
Registered
3,657 Posts

Those look like the modern Swiss Gruens that Europe gets. The USA and Europe have different distributors and manufacturers for Gruen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts