WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
If you have to ask, my guess is that it will not be fast and easy for you. On the other hand, it's a very cheap, easy, and fast repair for a watchmaker.

(Edit: you might try polishing with Polywatch. I don't see any cracks in that crystal, just some superficial scratches.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Genco, this is too funny - I just Googled Gruen 510 crystal looking for a replacement crystal for my 510 and found this post. It's the same watch! Did you sell this on Ebay around May- June 2017? It has the bent left horn (which I straightened) and the same exact cracks/scratches in it!

I bought it to have an extra case and parts for a gold cased "Bond" 510 I was working on. I am wearing it now with the gold watch's movement in it while I have the gold watch's face re done. If it was you thanks!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Genco, this is too funny - I just Googled Gruen 510 crystal looking for a replacement crystal for my 510 and found this post. It's the same watch! Did you sell this on Ebay around May- June 2017? It has the bent left horn (which I straightened) and the same exact cracks/scratches in it!

I bought it to have an extra case and parts for a gold cased "Bond" 510 I was working on. I am wearing it now with the gold watch's movement in it while I have the gold watch's face re done. If it was you thanks!
Indeed...it is me! Very cool to see you here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts