WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
35,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any WUS love out there for Gruppo Gamma? I've seen some scattered words of praise here and there, but no dedicated thread. Post some appreciation and/or some pics if you're an owner or a fan. I know there are at least a few of you out there.

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
35,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is quite a bit of discussion about them in the Panerai homage Thread.. open the lin below and do a search and you should find what you are looking for.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/best-panerai-homage-part-3-a-779017.html
Yes, that is what I meant by the scattered words of praise. Most of that thread is devoted to the unbranded Chinese watchmakers. As quick as those Gruppo Gammas sell out, I figured there would be enough love for a dedicated thread. I guess I'll see soon enough.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yes, that is what I meant by the scattered words of praise. Most of that thread is devoted to the unbranded Chinese watchmakers. As quick as those Gruppo Gammas sell out, I figured there would be enough love for a dedicated thread. I guess I'll see soon enough.
I currently own 1, the Ascent II in brass(Cali Dial). It's fantastic... You don't see any manufacture defects. Neither do i hear of any. The communication i had with the brand is very timely as well. Only good words.. You should enjoy it.

Attachments

·
Registered
35,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I currently own 1, the Ascent II in brass(Cali Dial). It's fantastic... You don't see any manufacture defects. Neither do i hear of any. The communication i had with the brand is very timely as well. Only good words.. You should enjoy it.
Excellent. What color dial did you get?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have posted my 2014 Base a number of times in the WRUW thread. It is a great watch gotten at a great price and in fact has become the favorite of my collection.

One of the interesting things about GG watches is the difficuly of getting one. Until now they have been made in small batches and sell out very quickly. To get one outside of Singapore you need to sign up for their newsletter, join their Facebook page, and check the website often. It also doesn't hurt to befriend the owner (Naoki Tsukumo) and/or the GG sales reps as I did when pursuing mine (which was a limited edition of 99 intended for existing owners of a GG watch - which I was not).

I believe at some point the quality and incredible value represented by these watches will result in a price increase (they are already selling for $40-$50 more than when they were launched in 2013) and these hot little numbers will command a premium in the preowned market.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Reactions: Karar and Deledda

·
Registered
35,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have posted my 2014 Base a number of times in the WRUW thread. It is a great watch gotten at a great price and in fact has become the favorite of my collection.

One of the interesting things about GG watches is the difficuly of getting one. Until now they have been made in small batches and sell out very quickly. To get one outside of Singapore you need to sign up for their newsletter, join their Facebook page, and check the website often. It also doesn't hurt to befriend the owner (Naoki Tsukumo) and/or the GG sales reps as I did when pursuing mine (which was a limited edition of 99 intended for existing owners of a GG watch - which I was not).

I believe at some point the quality and incredible value represented by these watches will result in a price increase (they are already selling for $40-$50 more than when they were launched in 2013) and these hot little numbers will command a premium in the preowned market.

View attachment 1582379 View attachment 1582380
Awesome. Would you happen to have the specs on that model? Interested to see how it compares to the recently sold out Vintage.

·
Vendor
108 Posts
Hi everyone and thanks for your comments. Our relative lack of exposure here is perhaps because our customers are more active on Facebook. There's a Gruppo Gamma Owners Club on Facebook where members interact. Membership is currently for owners only, and it's currently 500+ strong.

(I hope I'm not infringing any forum rules with this post. If so, I'm sorry and will delete it if necessary.)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Awesome. Would you happen to have the specs on that model? Interested to see how it compares to the recently sold out Vintage.
Sorry about the delay in responding. I couldn't find the original specs on the internet (it looks like all history of this watch's existence has been removed), but I can list the major specs from memory. It is of course a polished 44mm case with a height of around 17mm IIRC. It houses a Miyota 8215 movement and has a slightly domed sapphire crystal with internal AR.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Glad to see you here GG!

·
Registered
35,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry about the delay in responding. I couldn't find the original specs on the internet (it looks like all history of this watch's existence has been removed), but I can list the major specs from memory. It is of course a polished 44mm case with a height of around 17mm IIRC. It houses a Miyota 8215 movement and has a slightly domed sapphire crystal with internal AR.
Yes, unfortunately it looks like the legacy specs are not kept on the website. Even all the Mk I info was removed as soon as it sold out.

·
Vendor
108 Posts
Hi Taike, BigBandito, we didn't delete the info of our Mk I - instead we streamlined it. We used to have the full specs of each model on a separate page but now that we've discontinued our Mk I we felt it was more useful to consolidate the data and keep the key portions.

Mk I specs - Mark I - Gruppo Gamma Time Instruments
Mk II specs - Mark II - Gruppo Gamma Time Instruments

The Mk II Genesis differs from the Mk I Genesis in these aspects:
1. Crystal was upgraded from single domed mineral glass to sinle domed sapphire
2. Caseback changed from see-through to solid
3. WR improved from 10 ATM to 20 ATM
4. Movement changed from Seagull TY2555 to Miyota 8215

Have a great day.

·
Vendor
108 Posts
Will following on Facebook help get a watch? The watches I was interested in on the gg website were always sold out.
Hi Sammygator thanks for asking. Quick answer is yes because we use social media to update everyone regarding availability of our watches.

That said, we're painfully aware of the root cause. Supply has been lagging behind demand. We're now sllghtly over a year old and while we've been ramping up production volume progressively, we're still lagging. The outcome is that the watches get snatched up very quickly. I must clarify - it was never our intention to suppress the numbers in order to spur demand. Our low production volume stems from our belief that our business is not about selling more watches but maintaining a steadily growing customer base. It's easy to produce more and sell more but by the same token we may end up paying less attention per customer and if that happens, aftersales support is the most affected.

So instead of focusing on growing our numbers we focus on improving satisfaction levels of existing customers and rely on word of mouth to improve sales and standing. If we had to forgo 2 new potential customers we know nothing of in return for 1 existing customer we know to be patient, reasonable and supportive, we'd gladly choose the latter - anytime, anywhere. This is core to GG's business philosophy and will remain so, even as we continue to operate in the years ahead.

We're now improving the way we bring the watches to market so that customers don't have to wait that long, and we expect to see the changes in the coming months.

Thanks.

Will following on Facebook help get a watch? The watches I was interested in on the gg website were always sold out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi
I'm very interested in buying one of your watches in particular the Dark Vanguard but unfortunately I missed out on the Pre sale offer.
any other way that I can get my hand on this model or even the older model posted by our forum member above?
I already send you a friend request on Facebook and followed Grubbo Gamma facebook page also signed for news letter from your site.

·
Vendor
108 Posts
Hi Karar, unfortunately that was fully preordered in less than 24 hours and even before we could announce it. 100 pieces of this PVD coated Vanguard will be released in this first production run, together with 200 pieces of the brushed stainless steel Vanguard. Just for info, the first preorder launched was for the brushed stainless steel Vanguard Classic and for that we did announce, and we quietly activated preorder for the Dark Vanguard about a day later hoping to announce the day after, but the launch was detected by customers waiting to order.

Best,
Naoki

Hi
I'm very interested in buying one of your watches in particular the Dark Vanguard but unfortunately I missed out on the Pre sale offer.
any other way that I can get my hand on this model or even the older model posted by our forum member above?
I already send you a friend request on Facebook and followed Grubbo Gamma facebook page also signed for news letter from your site.

·
Vendor
108 Posts
Hi Mrklabb,
It's in the drawings but we don't have a firm schedule yet. Likely immediate future variations of the Vanguard dial, in addition to the current Classic and California base configurations, would be one with sweep seconds.

You guys planning a Mark III with a date?

1 - 20 of 227 Posts