WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also applied retroactively to any new watch purchased in 2021.

Announcement: Grand Seiko Extends Warranty to Five Years | GS9 Club | Grand Seiko

"Since its global launch in 2010, Grand Seiko has expanded its after-sales service operations in line with its ever-increasing international acceptance. Today, Grand Seiko is proud to announce that it is extending the warranty from three to five years on all its timepieces purchased at any authorized retail partner worldwide. The new five-year warranty will take effect from October 1, 2021 and will also be applied to any Grand Seiko watch purchased on or after January 1, 2021. Furthermore, the warranty information of each watch will be registered online to provide prompt after-sales service.

The new warranty will continue to cover the watch movement, its metal bracelet and case including the dial and hands. Each and every watch will be handled with extraordinary care by the experienced and certified watchmakers at the growing number of authorized Grand Seiko Service Centers.

Watchmaker oiling Grand Seiko movement.

Each Grand Seiko watch is designed and manufactured to deliver the highest possible levels of durability and to offer decades of accurate reliable timekeeping. The extension of the warranty period to five years will allow owners to share the company’s confidence in the long life of each new Grand Seiko watch."

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
Nice to see, thank you for sharing!

Reactions: CarbonPrevails

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just saw this in my email a few mins ago. Good to see GS stepping up their warranty service compared to the other Swiss companies.

Glad my Spring will be included in their extended warranty program, too bad for my Snowflake.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Schweeet, and now they appear to be maybe starting to listen to what the American market wants in some design changes (like no power reserve on the front of a spring drive)
I do like this brand. Have had 3 spring drives, high beat, and love the 9f quartz

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Wohoo!! Just got my Snowflake a couple months ago, so 5 years it is

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
When I opened my email, I was super happy to see this!

Phenomenal news and yet another reason I’m becoming more and more loyal to GS these days.

·
Registered
Mostly Seiko
2,432 Posts
Strange that their web still says 3 years

·
Registered
Mostly Seiko
2,432 Posts
Furthermore, the warranty information of each watch will be registered online to provide prompt after-sales service.

How do we 'look up' our GS to see if it's on the list.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Long overdue especially when other major brands are extending to 8 or 10 years.

Next time ,we will see lifetime or 2 decades warranty.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Next time ,we will see lifetime or 2 decades warranty.
Some niche brands already do that. Either on certain pieces or collections. Probably not every collection they sell though. The caveat is regular servicing schedule for that warranty to be valid and the cost is borne by the customer.

·
Registered
Mostly Seiko
2,432 Posts
Is that a Bergeon oiler in the picture.

·
Registered
35,602 Posts
Good news for new GS owners.

Not for me as mine is 2019.

Reactions: vmgotit

·
Registered
46 Posts
Furthermore, the warranty information of each watch will be registered online to provide prompt after-sales service.

Probably like other watches did, Panerai extended warranty to 8years after register online means by then owner has login id and password too for this purpose.

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
Strange that their web still says 3 years

This doesn’t start until 10/1; it will apply to watches sold after that date, but also, to watches purchased on or after 1/1/21. I suspect we’ll find out in early October how to make sure our watches purchased during 2021 (but prior to the change taking place) are covered.

·
Registered
Mostly Seiko
2,432 Posts
From my AD,

This information has only just been released so I don’t yet have all of the facts. We have spoken to the Grand Seiko rep who has clarified that your information is correct. You will be covered for 5 years, with and through us, from your date of purchase. We will have more details on this over the coming weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think this speaks volumes about Grand Seiko as a brand. They could have easily only applied this to newly Manufactured products but the fact they retroactively will apply it to any watch purchased after Jan 2021 shows how much they trust and stand behind their crafstmanship and work. Makes me feel even better and happier about my Snowflake purchase a month—and I already was very satisfied with it!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts