WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

Updated 11/12/2018 to include comments on the the SBGA373.

The blue dial SBGA375 was a 2018 release at Baselworld along with the similar 44GS cased champagne dial 373 and US LE 387 with the pale blue Kazuri dial.

I bought my 375 last month and for me it hits the sweet spot in every respect.

I have mechanical GS's including High Beats and also quartz, and great as they are it's the Spring Drive movements that really impress me.

The case is the 44GS which to my eyes is one of the most lovely cases in the range. It's quite iconic and really shows off the GS polishing to best effect. It sets the watch apart visually from anything else. Previously if you wanted this case it pretty much had to be a high beat. To be able to get it in a SD bodes well for the future. I would expect a green dial at some stage. The only downside to this case design is that it is a scratch magnet!

The size at 40mm is just right for me, although I do also enjoy the 41 & 42mm models.

The 5 link bracelet suits this model particularly well in my opinion.

The dial is a deep dark blue with a subtle starburst. In some lights it can almost look black. The matching date wheel is a positive also.

All in all it's just a fantastic piece.

Just to update, yesterday 11/12/2018 I had the chance to pick up the champagne dial sister watch to this (at a too good to miss price), the SBGA373. The same comments apply, but the watch has a very different look due to the dial colour, which varies from quite silver to quite yellow depending on the lighting. The hands are fully polished as opposed to brushed on the upper surface of the blue dial. This makes the 373 a little more "blingy" than the 375 to my eyes. I also like the blues second hand.

Again the 44GS case really sets the watch apart and I very much like the way GS has finished the PR feature.

Again it's a lovely watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
239 Posts
Great watch, might just be my next purchase. Is it easy to read legible, i wear reading glasses, i can see and read most watches without, but have struggled with silver dials or high contrasty dials, looks good to me though.

· Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Yes a lovely and spectacular watch, and now the stunning gold sister as well, I am looking for a strap for the sbga 375, I somehow can not find the lug width, can anyone help?
Random question but do you know the lug width of the SBGA375? I ordered one and would like to get a leather strap for it before it arrives so I can slap on the leather band.
Just measured mine. 19mm. Congrats on getting one of these. It is a beautiful watch.

· Registered
105 Posts
Hi

The blue dial SBGA375 was a 2018 release at Baselworld along with the similar 44GS cased champagne dial 373 and US LE 387 with the pale blue Kazuri dial.

I have mechanical GS's including High Beats and also quartz, and great as they are it's the Spring Drive movements that really impress me.

The case is the 44GS which to my eyes is one of the most lovely cases in the range. It's quite iconic and really shows off the GS polishing to best effect. It sets the watch apart visually from anything else. Previously if you wanted this case it pretty much had to be a high beat. To be able to get it in a SD bodes well for the future. I would expect a green dial at some stage. The only downside to this case design is that it is a scratch magnet!

The size at 40mm is just right for me, although I do also enjoy the 41 & 42mm models.

The dial is a deep dark blue with a subtle starburst. In some lights it can almost look black. The matching date wheel is a positive also.

Just to update, yesterday 11/12/2018 I had the chance to pick up the champagne dial sister watch to this (at a too good to miss price), the SBGA373. The same comments apply, but the watch has a very different look due to the dial colour, which varies from quite silver to quite yellow depending on the lighting. The hands are fully polished as opposed to brushed on the upper surface of the blue dial. This makes the 373 a little more "blingy" than the 375 to my eyes. I also like the blues second hand.

Again the 44GS case really sets the watch apart and I very much like the way GS has finished the PR feature.

Love the light play of this dial and the 44 GS case is the best imho! Congrats. Check it out with some straps too!

· Banned
122 Posts
Hi

That is a beautiful watch, I just added my first GS to my collection (the snowflake) and I see another one in the near future...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.