WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! This is my short review of Gshock G6900A-9DR. Manuals http://support.casio.com/en/manual/009/qw3180.pdf

Features

• Mineral Glass
  • Shock Resistant
  • 200-meter water resistance
  • Case / bezel material: Resin
  • Resin Band
  • Electro-luminescent backlight
    Full auto EL light, afterglow
  • Solar powered
  • World time
    31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), city code display, daylight saving on/off
  • 1/100-second stopwatch
    Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99''
    Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
  • Countdown timer
    Measuring unit: 1 second
    Input range: 1 minutes to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
  • Daily alarms
    5 independent daily alarms (4 one-time alarms and 1 snooze alarm)
  • Hourly time signal
  • Battery power indicator
  • Power Saving (display goes blank to save power when the watch is left in the dark.)
  • Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
  • 12/24-hour format
  • Button operation tone on/off
  • Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
  • Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
  • Approx. battery operating time:
    10 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
    27 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
  • Size of case: 53.2 × 50 × 17.7 mm
  • Total weight: 63 g
  • EL:Blue Green

box
box.JPG

inside.JPG

manual and warranty card
manual, warranty.JPG

I really love this particular model because the color is yellow (my favorite color), can display 2 time zones simultaneously, and it has the function that I used often.:-!
IMG_1049.JPG

alarms (4 alarms + snooze)
alarm 1.JPG

alarm2.JPG

alarm3.JPG

snooze.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

world time
world time.JPG

timer
timer.JPG

stop watch
stop watch.JPG

back (the back say's "Made in Thailand" but in the strap it say's "casio Japan", maybe the band is made in Japan?)
back.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

local time
local time.JPG

dual time (this was unexpected, I'm happy that it had this feature;-)), just press split reset button and the time in your second city will show on top which a lot easier compare to G9200 Riseman.
dual time.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

wrist shot
wrist shot.JPG

The colors in the picture are not the same because of the light outside the window. The color of the bezel and strap is yellow (not painted) so I think it will not fade on the years to come. I expect that it will also become shiny yellow later on because of wear (same as those in black bezels and bands). It's Auto El will not light when it's bright but still I did not turn it on. I experienced with my mudman (G9300-1DR) that the battery charge went from high to medium just overnight! I don't think that i need this feature as of now. I'm 100% satisfied with this model. For those of you who want to have a color yellow Gshock in your collection, you might want to check this one.

I hope that you enjoy my short review and thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Great review of a watch i own. Love the pics of the various features, rather than just seeing the home screen all the time. I also have the G-6900-1 with Kermit (G-6900GR-3) bezel and band - gorgeous.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The G6900GR-3 also looks good, may i ask if the green color in the bezel and band is painted or it is the resin color?

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Nice review! I love the color - to bad it stains very easily so I only wear my GW-6900A-9 in the summertime. Enjoy!

cheers, Sedi :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts