WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found the "U" version on Amazon ...

I read that it has a white LED back light on the left side, and now it shows current time during chrono and timer mode....

I wish it was a bit cheaper though....

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier - Casio G-Shock GW-9200 Riseman
2,137 Posts
So, they increased the price to about 70-80% for a Bluetooth-less module modified from the B5600 squares? 🤦‍♂️

Let's be honest here: The current module of the atomic U series has the Bluetooth sync removed and the battery level indicator added. Now just think about which feature is more important between the two, and tell me if it justifies the price increase.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Hmmm.... it says "fulfilled by Amazon." I thought that meant it was fulfilled locally... by Amazon.

But, yeah... $208. Whoa. My regular 5610 was $98.
But it says "sold by" a third-party vendor (actually, I see four third-party vendors listed). Probably it will be cheaper down the road when it's sold by Amazon.

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
But it says "sold by" a third-party vendor (actually, I see four third-party vendors listed). Probably it will be cheaper down the road when it's sold by Amazon.
Meh... in any case, I'm happy with my $98 5610. It's good that they're updating their models with some improvements. But, the updated features aren't enough for me to buy duplicates of what I already have. Hell, I've got 8 squares already! LOL!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hmmm.... it says "fulfilled by Amazon." I thought that meant it was fulfilled locally... by Amazon.

But, yeah... $208. Whoa. My regular 5610 was $98.
Folks rationalize that this is addicting. Truth is that more than a few wish they had their hard earned money back. I said ten years ago that folks are in reality chasing their next UPS high; not really the watch.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The list price of the GW-M5610U-1JF in Japan is actually the same as the old 5610 was, if you are looking at the before-tax price.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Meh... in any case, I'm happy with my $98 5610. It's good that they're updating their models with some improvements. But, the updated features aren't enough for me to buy duplicates of what I already have. Hell, I've got 8 squares already! LOL!
Eight, you say? Pfffft.... let me know when you hit 30!

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Eight, you say? Pfffft.... let me know when you hit 30!
At least my 8 squares are somewhat different / unique from each other. 🤭 I just can't justify buying an exact same model with simply the "U" upgrade. I don't care that much about the current time showing during countdown or stopwatch. And, while I actually prefer the LED light to the EL backlight - it's brighter and easier to read for me - it's not enough for me to buy a duplicate. If I was wearing the same watch every day, then, yeah... I'd probably upgrade.

Right now... I've been wearing the same watch for 8 days straight! My new Lum-Tec. I'm in love with it!

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
At least my 8 squares are somewhat different / unique from each other. I just can't justify buying an exact same model with simply the "U" upgrade. I don't care that much about the current time showing during countdown or stopwatch. And, while I actually prefer the LED light to the EL backlight - it's brighter and easier to read for me - it's not enough for me to buy a duplicate. If I was wearing the same watch every day, then, yeah... I'd probably upgrade.

Right now... I've been wearing the same watch for 8 days straight! My new Lum-Tec. I'm in love with it!
I totally agree, which is why I have not bought any of the U variations.

Just enjoying the sane comment of owning 8 squares in the insane world of G-Shock collecting.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I kind of like the old one that I already have, LED backlight would be nice though...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts