WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi Blade,

Heres my one and only real black left...

cheers~
SKy
Both great looking G's :p:p:p:p. I just love G's with the reserves display
Recently I brought a G-5600RB-1JF. I expected the back light to be the same as these, but it turn out the back light on the 5600RB is the best one I have seen so far. When EL is on you don't get that little square around the letter P (greenish square around the alarm, P, ALM etc). It actually all black except for the numbers and if the time is set in AM/PM mode only the letter P glow. I was first bitten by the G bug now I'm bitten by the RB bug.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Both great looking G's :p:p:p:p. I just love G's with the reserves display
Recently I brought a G-5600RB-1JF. I expected the back light to be the same as these, but it turn out the back light on the 5600RB is the best one I have seen so far. When EL is on you don't get that little square around the letter P (greenish square around the alarm, P, ALM etc). It actually all black except for the numbers and if the time is set in AM/PM mode only the letter P glow. I was first bitten by the G bug now I'm bitten by the RB bug.
Hi Mick,

The G-5600RB-1JF is part of the black spots series. Not real black.

Nevertheless it is one great looking G|>

cheers~
SKy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone can name all the Real Black models?

dw-8200bk , dw-069bk , dw-8400bk , .....

Any photos would be :p !!!

Batista

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Anyone can name all the Real Black models?

dw-8200bk , dw-069bk , dw-8400bk , .....

Any photos would be :p !!!

Batista
Hi Batista,

DW-8200BK-1JF
G-100BK-1EMJF
G-2000BK-1MJF
DW-8400BK-1MJF
DW-056BK-1VJF
DW-069BK-1VJF

These are all the Real Black models. The model that Blade posted is called Real Black Blue eye, not part of the original real black series.

Hope this helps.

cheers~
SKy

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Greetings All,
Skyhook the list almost complete, except for the much forgotten dw-9000bk.

I remember the 069, 059 and 9000 because they used to feature on old the blue flash site that was g-shock.com. Ofcourse there was too the g-2000bk, which I remembered having that distinctive bat;-)

The picture is taken from this site:
http://park1.wakwak.com/~tanchima/nikki/2004/nikki20040131.htm
Hi Resinb,

Thank you for pointing that out.

cheers~
SKy

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hi Resinb,

Thank you for pointing that out.

cheers~
SKy

|>
Well sometimes it's hit and miss; this time I managed to hit. Also, it is an obscure model. Let's face it; the pride of place went to the MUDMAN and FROGMAN. I also like to think the g-2000 gets an honourable mention too;-) .

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi BladeDogg,

Nice shot. It looks like sun over there, although I almost can't remember how that looks like (it's storming and raining here for about a week now;-) ). Luckily I'm wearing my Hawaii shirt (not a joke) and a lot of colleagues loved to see someone sunny inside the building...

I have the Real Black Mudman, which looks awesome. When I just started collecting G-Shock's and made my first steps on the internet I wanted a G-Shock witha negative display. I felt very lucky to get myself a "Heavenly High" (DW-9005V-2V). I even had to beg on my knees to the German seller and it costed me a fortune (I just started working and it costed me at least a quarter of my monthly income).

Although I fancy bright colored G's, the negative displays are very very cool too! This is what I am wearing right now. It's a Olive Drab DW-069 on velro cloth watchband. one of all time my favorites!

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
394 Posts
When I took pictures of my 2 negative display watches, I stopped thinking about Rolexes, Panerais, etc. G-Shock watches are still the coolest!:gold

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
here is a photo of my new GW810BD which arrived last week:

it's surely the "stealtiest" watch in my humble collection and although the digits appear rather bright on the pic because of the flashlight, they can be so "stealthy" under difficult light conditions, that it is almost impossible to read them. but then - what we got the EL for?

regards, holger

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Not exactly a real black but a DW002 'Black Dragon' I picked up a week or so ago at a flea-market for an incredible price. There're some scratches on the crystal and what looks like some 'whitening' on the black part of the dial around the LCD displays. The original leather/nylon strap was quite worn so I had it replaced with a generic all black resin strap to complete the look. An all black, 'stealthed' GShock.B-)
Lee
DW002wifV3_1.jpg

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

Although I fancy bright colored G's, the negative displays are very very cool too! This is what I am wearing right now. It's a Olive Drab DW-069 on velro cloth watchband. one of all time my favorites!

Cheers,

Sjors
Hi Sjors,

This is one awesome looking G, may i know whats the model?

cheers~
SKy

·
Registered
394 Posts
Not exactly a real black but a DW002 'Black Dragon' I picked up a week or so ago at a flea-market for an incredible price. There're some scratches on the crystal and what looks like some 'whitening' on the black part of the dial around the LCD displays. The original leather/nylon strap was quite worn so I had it replaced with a generic all black resin strap to complete the look. An all black, 'stealthed' GShock.B-)
Lee
View attachment 32193
why don't you send to Casio service centre to clean up the insides of the dial?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Sky,

I think it is a DW-069USV model.... Analogue to the model I have a model number from it could be DW-069USV-3VQT... Actually I have seen a lot of these dragon models, but never found anything about a series (it could be "Street Arts" series, but in Japan I see often "Dragon" or "Black Dragon" series as a name.

I hope it helps a bit...

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wake up and WHOA! Thanks for all the replies...:thanks

Very nice blacks out there indeed...:gold

You are all right about mines not being part of the OG Gshocks. I like it nonetheless:gold

·
Registered
936 Posts
If I ever get another G I now more-than-ever want a reversed display!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
This is my "Real Black" DW-5600.

Pity that the dealer have misplace the tag.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts