WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired an older GUB Glashütte watch that seems to be in good working order, but the dial is rotated a few degrees to the right such that the 12 marking on the dial isn't exactly at the top of the watch. I removed the case back and the movement is an actual GUB 70.1, and I don't see any evidence that the dial was simply glued or taped on so I don't suspect it is a frankenwatch (or at least if it is, whoever did it bothered to use the correct parts, as opposed to some I've seen where the movement isn't even of the correct manufacture). My question is, how is the dial mounted on these watches? I've replaced dials and hands before, is this dial held on in such a way that it would be possible to rotate it into the correct orientation, or do I likely actually have a defective dial that was printed and engraved crooked (Seems possible, I imagine that GUB in the 60s would have been unlikely to discard a minorly defective dial)? Also, I see some luminous paint on the dial and hands, is this likely to be radium paint?

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,635 Posts
GUB-Watches made in the 60s already had Tritium, only some military watches still had Radium in the late 50s. As far as I know dials have been soldered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts