WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just joined this forum. I've got a few nice mechanical watches, but just decided to give a smart watch a go. I ordered the Samsung S3. I've already heard that many are not happy with the silicone strap it comes with, and I'm anticipating a hunt for a strap or bracelet. On most of my other watches, I've opted for bracelets because I've always found straps press on my wrist in an uncomfortable way. However, after reading some comments here, I might reconsider going for a high quality band.

At any rate, my question is about the language to describe what I'm after. I like the fact that the stock band is tapered/notched so that at the springbar, the band is flush with the outside edge of the lugs. I know that if I'm describing a strap, then this is called a notched band. Is there any similar description for this setup with a metal bracelet? I'm seeing that all the bracelets seem to have no taper, but I do see the occasional bracelet where the last link where the spring bar goes is a bit narrower than the rest of the bracelet. Is there a name for that setup?

Anyone else have an S3 (Frontier) with a good band/bracelet that they recommend?

Thanks!

·
Vendor
3,058 Posts
A "notched" style bracelet is pretty uncommon. If you buy a straight end link bracelet, you might be able to modify it with a Dremel to make it notched. For instance, buying a 24mm bracelet and notching the straight end link down to 22mm or 20mm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts