WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Most 'expensive' of the genre currently in my possession is one of my amplifiers; either a '67 Deluxe Reverb I have about $125 in or I have a prototype of an amp that retailed for $10K that I got in a sponsorship deal back in college. Both are worth big bucks on the market, but I don't have much in them.

I once had Roger Miller's first guitar in my possession for several months for repair. I didn't own it, but it probably has the highest price tag on it yet so far if it ever went up for sale.

Most expensive guitar in terms of money I actually paid is an archtop built by the guy that taught me to make archtops a few years after he died. I think I gave the seller $2,300 or $2,500...
00B0B_jfVwe7ioCtU_1200x900.jpg

As a luthier, I have a hard time bringing myself to spend much money on guitars. Most I've spent on materials in a single instrument was around $1200.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Most 'expensive' of the genre currently in my possession is one of my amplifiers; either a '67 Deluxe Reverb I have about $125 in or I have a prototype of an amp that retailed for $10K that I got in a sponsorship deal back in college. Both are worth big bucks on the market, but I don't have much in them.

I once had Roger Miller's first guitar in my possession for several months for repair. I didn't own it, but it probably has the highest price tag on it yet so far if it ever went up for sale.

Most expensive guitar in terms of money I actually paid is an archtop built by the guy that taught me to make archtops a few years after he died. I think I gave the seller $2,300 or $2,500...
View attachment 14915975

As a luthier, I have a hard time bringing myself to spend much money on guitars. Most I've spent on materials in a single instrument was around $1200.
Very sweet guitar! I have a REPLICA of a D'Aquisto that I spent more on than that! Well done!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Of all the guitars I've ever owned, my favorite is a twenty year old Olson acoustic, with a spruce top. James Olson mostly uses cedar for his tops, so this one is a little unusual. Sounds and plays like a dream....

181 - 185 of 185 Posts