WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Gulfman or Mudman or Other?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To start, I love the Frogman, but $240 is way TOOOOO much money for me to spend.

I like the 25th anniversary ones the best, but they are too hard to find and also too expenseive.

I can get either the Gulfman or Mudman for $61-62.

I also like the atomic versions, but then you lose the day of the week display due to the 5 band circles.

I own a GW-300 right now which is OK I guess.

So what do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,285 Posts
Voted Mudman because of the 2 stop watches and more different available colors.

Of course, if tide display is important for you in NY you should go for a Gulfman.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Voted Mudman because of the 2 stop watches and more different available colors.

Of course, if tide display is important for you in NY you should go for a Gulfman.
I'm only looking at Gulfman for the look. The graph is irrelevant.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I voted Gulfman, because I think it looks nicer, and the buttons are big and easy to push, unlike the Mudman's rather stiff buttons. I'm not being a traitor to the Mudman which is one of my favourites, but if looks and ease of use are a priority, a Gulfman might be the best choice. On the other hand if it's going to be dragged through mud and/or the dual stopwatch is useful, the Mudman would be the better choice. It's not a bad choice to have to make though, as I don't think you can 'lose' whichever you choose. :-!

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
I voted Gulfman, because I think it looks nicer, and the buttons are big and easy to push, unlike the Mudman's rather stiff buttons. I'm not being a traitor to the Mudman which is one of my favourites, but if looks and ease of use are a priority, a Gulfman might be the best choice. On the other hand if it's going to be dragged through mud and/or the dual stopwatch is useful, the Mudman would be the better choice. It's not a bad choice to have to make though, as I don't think you can 'lose' whichever you choose. :-!
If you get the mudy. check out the biege one. i like it best but for some reason its hard to find. also orange el is cool. b-) b-)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I voted Gulfman, I prefer the looks. However, I think I prefer the looks of the GW9100 (atomic) even more. Then, I have neither, so maybe I should have voted other....

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
choosing between the gulfman and mudman is like choosing between mcdonalds and burger king, KFC and Popeyes, Taco and burrito, bulgogi and steak, soup and salad, chicken fried rice and beef fried tice, chicken nugget and eggroll.

but of course, if u buy the Mud, u can join out exclusive Mudman tribe. i got the 3v which is the Ninja Turtle version or the Hulk version.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Do what I did I bought both with the added bonus of becoming an eligible member of the Mudman Tribe. :-d:-d:-d But seriously if the tide and moon phase thing isn't important to you then the Mudman has far better features.

Cheers :-!:-!:-! Besides if you don't by a Mudman you might get attacked by the Mansrow bunny.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
choosing between the gulfman and mudman is like choosing between mcdonalds and burger king, KFC and Popeyes, Taco and burrito, bulgogi and steak, soup and salad, chicken fried rice and beef fried tice, chicken nugget and eggroll.

but of course, if u buy the Mud, u can join out exclusive Mudman tribe. i got the 3v which is the Ninja Turtle version or the Hulk version.

How is the display readability? Does it look 'military green?' I'm ticked that I didn't grab it when I found it for $45! Thoughts on the atomic version?

Ah yes, the tribe!!!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
How is the display readability? Does it look 'military green?' I'm ticked that I didn't grab it when I found it for $45! Thoughts on the atomic version?

Ah yes, the tribe!!!
its a reverse display and unfortunately the readability depends on the light environment. its more of a dark green. heres a pic

the black with red button is also a great color combination.:-!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its a reverse display and unfortunately the readability depends on the light environment. its more of a dark green. heres a pic

the black with red button is also a great color combination.:-!
Yeah, I have a black with red accents GW-300. Buttons are black though. $62.50 is my best price for a non-atomic. $94-96 for solar atomic.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts