WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm working in Darwin (Northern Territory, Australia) for a few weeks. It's warm up here, maybe 32 degrees on average, so when I'm not in the office it can get a bit sweaty.

I only brought one watch here, my Gulfman, and I reckon I made tghe right choice. It's extremely light and I can wear it very very loosely, with just the ribbed sections of the strap gripping my wrist. Plenty of aitflor under the watch means no sweatiness, rashes, etc.

Perfect!

For those of you who haven't been to darwin I HIGHLY recommend you pay a visit. The weather is awesome, the culture is alid back, it is surrounded by beautiful coastline, it's largely a tourism town so there is no hortage of good bars and restaurnats, and right now the place is CRAMMED with sizzling hot backpackers.

Here's a few pics (of Darwin, not sizzling hot backpackers!):

The new Darwin Waterfront development

Mindil Beach night markets - lots of good souvenir sort of stuff to buy, and lots of yummy food (I had grilled crocodile and emu on skewers) - delicious!

The wave pool at the new Darwin Waterfront development - I haven't been in there yet but it's very popular.

Mindil Beach

Cullen Bay marina, where I am staying.

A couple of backpackers at the Darwin Waterfront

The 'Damsels of Darwin' Gallery:
Miss Bikini World Australia | The damsels of Darwin | The Daily Telegraph

It's a tough job, and all that...

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Good stuff, thanks for sharing the pics.

How about some pics of the Gulfman, and definitely we could use some more shots of the "sizzling hot backpackers"! :-!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
The Gulfman is a great all around G :-! My mudman and gulfman get worn the most. :)

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh. Pics of the Gulfman. Right.

I thought the pics of Darwin and hotties are better. I forgot this is a watch forum.

I'll see if I can get some pics of my Gulfman and the sizzling hot backpackers together, like I did with my Frogman and the koala.

We're going on a boat ride tomorrow to see some crocodiles in the wild. If I'm lucky I might be able to swing a pic of the Gulfman and a croc. But I don't want to lose my arm. Or the watch!

·
Banned
1,303 Posts
You discover any petroleum up there in Darwin on the Tomor Sea yet? I love the salt water crocodiles that hang out on the beaches there. They like to watch the hotties that are sunbathing.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I completely agree. I spend almost all of my time in locations that are extremely hot and extremely humid. The "revolver" series Gulfman is my most comfortable G-Shock in such environments due to the titanium caseback, it is lightweight and it is designed to be worn loosely. Some complain about the strap on the "revolver" series Gulfman, but I think many are simply wearing the watch more tightly than intended by the designers of the watch. Unfortunately, the strap on the new Gulfman has been changed.

The least comfortable is my Mudman because of the steel caseback, the irritating "nubs" on the caseback and it is designed to be worn tightly. Also, the strapkeeper on my Mudman is mediocre.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Very nice photos.

I am envying your weather - very cool and damp here in NW UK. Please send me a backpacker to warm me up. :)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Enjoyed the pics as well! |> :)

And the backpackers.. :-x

..More! :-d:-d

And oh, of course.. the Gulfman too. Almost forgot. ;-)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Great pics. I didn't reach that further north on my visit down under. Next time I visit Australia I'll try to go. Great land, great people, great food...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts