WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just recieved my Gulfman through the post today. Im very pleased with it however there is a query that I hope someone will shed some light on.

It states in the manual that if you alter the DST setting for any city in "world time" then that setting is applied to all of the cities. Mine doesnt do that: each city has it's own DST setting. Is this a misprint or have I a faulty watch?

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
My G-7900 does that too: each city has a separate DST setting. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Seems like that would make sense, since DST applies in some cities but not others. Right?

That's how it is in both my GA100 & GW6900.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like that would make sense, since DST applies in some cities but not others. Right?

Thats what the manual says. But if London is UTC +0 and you change it to DST (UTC +1) then it follows that all zones have to be altered to DST to keep the differences in time across the world correct.

For example; Cairo doesnt adhere to DST.
If you're in London then according to the manual Cairo should be 2 hours ahead. Change London to DST and Cairo becomes only 1 hour ahead. So to keep the disparities in time correct you'll have to put Cairo on DST?!

·
Registered
521 Posts

Right! DST ON/OFF simply moves the time 1 hour forward/backward to conform with your HOME time. And since not all cities adhere to this, only your home time is changed. Not all the others...and we don't know which cities are currently on DST.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts