WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

541 - 560 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Yes, I assume so too. Its good to have it back and reviews so far are positive.
They've had some issues with it (cylinder not advancing). I hope they've worked them out. If I ever stop spending money on watches, I might be able to get one! They are GORGEOUS. But, I wish they'd make one in "Royal Blue."

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I had good (although not really excellent) experience with Colt Custom Shop on making my Delta to my likings. They back then were very willing to work with you and shop manager was great guy.
So, even if a gun has some issues, they should've fixed them. Not sure what is happening with overall business situation now.
And, sure, RB Python is the one to get, if they ever come up with the one. Lately there was a push to stainless etc. though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
CZ P-01 SDP. Recently retired it from carry duty for a Glock 19 Gen V. Lighter and easier to carry everyday.

I love my classic Smith & Wesson revolvers though. 28-2 Highway Patrolman .357 and 29-2 .44Mag (Dirty Harry's hand cannon). Great range toys.

Reactions: Commisar

·
Registered
130 Posts
CZ P-01 SDP. Recently retired it from carry duty for a Glock 19 Gen V. Lighter and easier to carry everyday.

I love my classic Smith & Wesson revolvers though. 28-2 Highway Patrolman .357 and 29-2 .44Mag (Dirty Harry's hand cannon). Great range toys.
686 in .357 is the best damn big steel revolver you can get IMHO

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
686 in .357 is the best damn big steel revolver you can get IMHO

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I'd love to add a 6" 686 to the collection one day. They may not be quite as "nice", but I do love the Ruger SP101 and GP100 series revolvers too. Their triggers clean up and smooth out very well.

·
Registered
854 Posts
For Business

If I was still on the job, I'd carry a 5" tactical model of the Springfield XD in 9mm.
I've owned more 1911 platforms than I like to think about.
While the 1911 is a nice piece of tool work, it's a dinosaur.
And 4 rounds of 9mm on-target will get the job done.

Close seconds.... Glock and CZ, and maybe HK

For Pleasure

The S&W Model 27 and the Colt Python are the finest pistols produced by its respective brand. They represented the very best that the industry had to offer, and today, no one makes a pistol that comes anywhere near the quality levels of the pre-70's Model 27 or Python. Finding one in pristine condition is extremely difficult and very expensive. A used Python commands $2,500 as a norm, and I'd expect the same for the Model 27 except you never see one for sale. But $3000 isn't much considering we buy Rolex watches. I owned a beautiful new Model 27 with a 3.5" barrel in the early 70s, but I've never owned a Python. Troopers and 1911s were the Colts I bought back in the day.

BUT....I don't own any guns. Nope, not one. Do you have a warrant?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I like Sigs and owned various P220s, P229, P226, P238, P239. They're easier for me to shoot than polymer pistols. But recently picked up an HK USP compact 9mm and that thing made me smile. The recoil is so subdued. It was definitely recoil friendly with factory ammo on a polymer gun. I owned a Glock 19 2nd gen for 20 years it was good but not HK or Sigs nice... I also have a Springfield Tactical XD like the post above in 9mm, that's a nice budget accurate gun too but the compact HK is still smoother...!

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
For Business

If I was still on the job, I'd carry a 5" tactical model of the Springfield XD in 9mm.
I've owned more 1911 platforms than I like to think about.
While the 1911 is a nice piece of tool work, it's a dinosaur.
And 4 rounds of 9mm on-target will get the job done.

Close seconds.... Glock and CZ, and maybe HK

For Pleasure

The S&W Model 27 and the Colt Python are the finest pistols produced by its respective brand. They represented the very best that the industry had to offer, and today, no one makes a pistol that comes anywhere near the quality levels of the pre-70's Model 27 or Python. Finding one in pristine condition is extremely difficult and very expensive. A used Python commands $2,500 as a norm, and I'd expect the same for the Model 27 except you never see one for sale. But $3000 isn't much considering we buy Rolex watches. I owned a beautiful new Model 27 with a 3.5" barrel in the early 70s, but I've never owned a Python. Troopers and 1911s were the Colts I bought back in the day.

BUT....I don't own any guns. Nope, not one. Do you have a warrant?
I think that XD in 9mm is one fine gun, but I would not say that HK is second to it. There is a well-known test of P7 performed by Massad Ayoob and results published in his book - "The Semiautomatic Pistol in Police Service and Self-Defense".
In his test HK P7 fired more than 4,000 factory rounds including hollow point without a single malfunction, without being stripped or cleaned.
Author considers the P7 the most reliable police handgun ever made. He finds performance of test gun typical of the great many he has seen and monitored in police service. There is a reason this HK model is very well sought-after.

As for some of the current manufacturers who makes pistols which are equal or better, honestly, then Colt Python (even pre-70th one and I agree it is one of the finest), you are welcome to look at Korth and Manurhin, as we are talking revolvers, obviously.

And lastly, I would not call 1911s a dinosaur. It is ingenious platform which these days has not only .45acp, but many other calibers available with - from .22 to 10mm to .50gi to .460Rowland, to 9mm to .38super..

·
Registered
335 Posts
My P7M8 is my 9mm goto one.
Was my go to off duty/CCW carry for years. Moved to a Sig P229 Legion for off duty and office carry, and moved from an H&K USP .45ACP to a Sig P226 Legion for duty. I've drunk the Sig Kool Aid pretty hard. Let's see what happens when I start carrying my STI Staccato P on duty!

541 - 560 of 592 Posts