WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
fantastic. may i ask if there will be reissues? i have been keeping an eye on the official onlineshop, hoping that a more vintage style model would show up some time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All of them are pretty much vintage-inspired reissues?

Ð.уÑ�Ñ�кие чаÑ�Ñ‹: Победа / Russian Watches: Pobeda

They're not cheap though.. The actual vintage ones on eBay are the better deal. (If a bit small in size)

I like the slightly larger case sizes of the 1970s.

View attachment 5015233

Thx for the link. :) yes they are gorgeous. Still trying to decide whether i should get one of those actually. At the same time somehow i feel the actual vintage ones looks slightly prettier. :think: And i feel the same about the price.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Can't pretend to be a movie fan but there is an interesting link between Armie Hammer and Russian watches. His Great-Grandfather was Armand Hammer who was involved in establishing Amtorg the Soviet buying agency in the US. It was Amtorg who bought and shipped the Dueber-Hampden and Ansonia watch companies to the USSR in the 1930. Thus was begun the industry that blossomed to create the Probeda (with much help from LIP).

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Looks like a Petrodvoretz or 2nd MWF Pobeda. Maybe our learned comrades could identify it? My guess is for 2nd MWF, maybe Petrodvoretz, less probably Chistopol or 1st MWF, definitely not ZiM.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
And I will now have to watch this movie because of the Pobeda. And look for one to buy (I have Poljot, Vostok, Sekonda, Raketa but no Pobeda in my watch collection, so I really need to add one.)

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Looks like a Petrodvoretz or 2nd MWF Pobeda. Maybe our learned comrades could identify it? My guess is for 2nd MWF, maybe Petrodvoretz, less probably Chistopol or 1st MWF, definitely not ZiM.
I have a similar watch in a gold-plated case, and it is most definitely from 2MWF. Can't speak for the one in the film, however.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi!!. I have researched this watch because I wonder who dial carries the film and sorry to say that I doubt the Pobeda you see on the internet is to be used . To do this , look online and found much film frames in which the clock appears , and as I see , all indices mark number , which does not happen with the one seen in that you provided the partner.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

What do you think about this???

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Just finished watching the movie and i loved it. Great spy movie with a good story and enough action. And as posted above the watch in the Raketa advert is not the watch used in the movie :/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts