WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently received a pay bonus and decided to buy my first Swiss Made watch. Having read the forums, I decided to buy the Squale Atmos 20 and ordered one from GnomonWatches.
I was very happy with it, enjoying my watch when suddenly, I noticed that the Lume paint was not evenly painted on. Though not so noticeable, the one is on the 12 o'clock marker.

IMG_0055.JPG

I have no idea if you guys can see that. But if so, what do you guys suggest I do? Is this common occurence? It's quite a hassle sending it back for just uneven lume paint. What would you guys do if you were in my place?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Raprap:
I vote to ignore the small (really small) inconsistency in the lume.

Hardly worth the effort to fret over. IMO looks awesome Bro

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Send an email to to Gnomon Watches and see what they say, you can take it from there. You could also contact Squale directly to see what the situation is regarding this and a possible return. People here can give you advice but it's best to go straight to the seller and/or manufacturer on this one to see what your options are.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Send an email to to Gnomon Watches and see what they say, you can take it from there. You could also contact Squale directly to see what the situation is regarding this and a possible return. People here can give you advice but it's best to go straight to the seller and/or manufacturer on this one to see what your options are.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
+1

I had really bad luck with Gnomon (well, terrible) when I had a crown issue with my Squale. I'd try contacting them, but also try Squale directly. At the end of the day it was Squale that helped the most.

·
Registered
Submariner
833 Posts
+1

I had really bad luck with Gnomon (well, terrible) when I had a crown issue with my Squale. I'd try contacting them, but also try Squale directly. At the end of the day it was Squale that helped the most.
Really? When I had issues with my watch, Squale themselves never answered any of my inquiries.

·
Premium Member
71,255 Posts
Follow SD's advice. At the end of the day if the worst comes to the worst it's a minor defect and you can live with it easily enough.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
OP, including yours personally, there are three instances of QC issues with Squale in this thread alone. It's a very common occurrence with this brand. If I were you, I'd ask for a refund and get a watch from a company that has a better reputation.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ill live with it. I doubt I can see it normally if not scrutinized under 5 times magnification. The 20 ATMOS represents excellent value for the price we pay and Ill close an eye and enjoy this excellent timepiece.

I believe in respect for all sellers. I have my watch fixed fast and efficiently when I needed help from Gnomon. If you need help, go to Gnomon and I am sure they will work on it. I already have my 20th watch from Gnomon and still going.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Is there a reason these appear to be out of stock everywhere? I was just gearing up to buy one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
You just got it with your bonus and expected your new watch to be perfect and it isn't. Call Gnomon and tell them you want an exchange, they should do it and you'll probably have a replacement within three weeks,
heck it's only over the South China Sea from you. Don’t let them pan you off to Squale, for them to service it will take a hell of a lot longer than an exchange from Gnomon.
I don’t think you’ll have a problem, Gnomon is a big Squale distributer, maybe the biggest.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
I never had a Squale but if I paid that much for a watch, and with "Swiss Made" I will not accept such a big flaw, just like would you accept a brand new car with dash lights already burnt out?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys, thank you so much for the input. I really didn't wanna send back the watch since Customs procedures in this place is quite a hassle. So I asked for a slight refund and they did agree. I have read of some comments which say "If it ain't perfect, send it back" but the thing is, as silly as it sounds, I have already formed a bond with this watch. Hahaha. So....I am quite happy with the way things went actually. Kudos to all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts