One GW-056
http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/watch/gshock/gw-056e-1ver/

+ small, lot of functions, solar, atomic, only 54g
- Digits display with small line, no vibration alarm

one G7500
http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/watch/gshock/g-7500-1ver/
+ Readibility, vibration alarm
- Big, ugly case with big letters

I like my GW-056 but I dislike the display where number are draw with small horizontal line (click on zoom to view ). It's not clear as a good digit display with line, not dashed.

In fact I want a GW-056 with readibility and vibration alarm of the G7500

The question : Why the digit are not continuous line in GW-056. Do you think is to save power or link to the size of the watch ? It's seems specific to this model and it's not a good design...

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Xavier,

Welcome to our G-Shock forum. The digit design of the G(W)-056 is unique in the G-Shock line as far as I know. There are several models with a Dot Matrix display, but none with a digit build up in lines.

Indeed the G(L)-7500 has a sharper readable digits. If I am correct only the GW-400 and the G(L)-7500 models have the vibration alarms. Actually I think you must see them as gadgets. I sometimes use those vibration alarms, but I rather have the audio signal. I can imagine however when working in spaces with loud noiuses and wearing hearing protection a vibration alarm is handy.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For my concern vibration alarm is a useful fonctionality.
Execpt to wake you up from sleeping (snooze alarm), I use it for all alarm and coutdown timer.

Per day, I use 1 alarm as a reminder to start working, 1 alarm to stop working , and cout down timer to warm milk. I use railway with precise timing until work (morning lunch and afternoon) so time is important, and vibration alarm allow you to be get the right train rather than wait 10 minutes (outside) for the next.

It's my timing and I don't want to bore everybody with my watch alarm.
For meeting also it's quiet pratical to set an alarm without warning everybody.

I have seen GW 400, and I don't like it at all, it's too big for my wrist.
It's not available in France too...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts