WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to make my 2310FB a truly black stealthy G. Because I never understood why they made the inner bezel from a nice and shiny black chrome and the buckle and clasp where left silvercoloured.
So I searched Ebay for a replacement black or even IP plated buckle.
I found this black coated butterflyclasp, think itᷰs cool and it rides realy comfortable!

:cool:

Verstuurd van mijn ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T met Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
How would I find either of these clasps in black? I've never even seen a butterfly clasp that works on resin straps like that, not to mention in a black chrome or black finish.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know either. But for that couple of bucks I was willing to trie! ;)

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I myself own a GW2310B and not sure what size I would need for this clasp thing. Guessing it is a 16mm but the Ebay listing isn't clear on how to size these, and the selection for 4 different sizes is confusing and makes no sense with a 16mm for 18mm strap. What is 16mm? If anything the clasp, buckle and keeper bar would be even wider than the strap.

I bought mine here, you just have to know your strapwith:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=280949691512

·
Registered
257 Posts
it must be 20 or 22 mm I think because I change almost all my shocks with pvd buckles -- and 20 mmm buckle is a little bit tight and damage the resin and funny thing is 22 mm is a bit loose --I think buckle must be 21 mm :) dear firefighter please enlight us- which one do you choose?
I myself own a GW2310B and not sure what size I would need for this clasp thing. Guessing it is a 16mm but the Ebay listing isn't clear on how to size these, and the selection for 4 different sizes is confusing and makes no sense with a 16mm for 18mm strap. What is 16mm? If anything the clasp, buckle and keeper bar would be even wider than the strap.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had the same problem with choosing the size. And the sizechart from the Chinese seller is very confusing. I think that where 20 for 22 mm stands, he means 20 to 22 mm. I have ordered 2, the 20 to 22 and the 22 to24. For my 2310 the 20 to 22 fits best.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
firefighter77, in the first picture you posted, how does the clasp mechanism attach to the long strap end? Does the strap just slide freely through it? How does it hold it securely without moving while you are wearing the watch?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Well I saw the guy selling them in the listing Firefighter77 posted, and it looks like a decent deal considering other ebay sellers were charging almost $32 USD for a similar PVD coated clasp. The seller only had 3 left, so I decided to buy all 3. Hope these will also fit either GW6900s/GW7900s/GW-M5600s G-Shocks that I own.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's a pin that fits in the holes. So you have to size it when you attach the clasp for the first time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I order 2 of them - I ll try - thank you my friend - :)
I have had the same problem with choosing the size. And the sizechart from the Chinese seller is very confusing. I think that where 20 for 22 mm stands, he means 20 to 22 mm. I have ordered 2, the 20 to 22 and the 22 to24. For my 2310 the 20 to 22 fits best.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, let me know how it works out on your model of G.

Pictures! Pictures!:)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Reactions: TedDotCom

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
When installing the clasp on my GW2310 I lost one of the springbars from the strap/case end. What size are the strap springbars, 16mm? Does Walmart sell these?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts