WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my GW-300 off eBay and paid entirely too much for it in late November with birthday money. Got hit by a car a few days after that and my rehab has been slow since I have ceberal palsy and somewhat limited mobility before the accident. This watch has been stuck in the rehab hospital with with me for most of December and now its on LOW with a blinking charge. I only have fluresent light at the moment but I can't leave it for 8 hours and am wondering where and how to place it anyway....

How close does it need to be to the source? How long is reasonable for it to still be blinking charge? Any way to know if it is charging? Must turn off auto light when it gets chaged...Any suggestions for charging it while stuck in a hospital? I got it cause of the atomic feature and the light and alarms...never used the alarms except for hourly chime. Way over used the light and the auto came on by itself often when not expected.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Mark, I've moved this post to the main forum where it might get more attention.

I am very sorry to hear of your accident, and your current situation....

I work in a hospital, and would have thought that the overhead fluorescent light would be enough to keep your watch charged.

I would certainly disable the Auto EL and hourly chime. Disabling the atomic sync would also help, but shouldn't really be necessary.

If you have a good relationship with the nurses, you could always ask if they have a 'daylight' lamp. Many wards have them to assist people with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). If you didn't want to reveal that it was your watch that was feeling a little low, you could always feign mild depression... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. I seem to be having placement and charge issues still.... I still have no indication that its charging.... This is Ohio, sunlight is sometimes limited, but as I said I really can't go outside quite yet. Where exactly are the solar cells? I have tried placing the watch face up under a flaresent light and nothing... I am wearing it now when the bright light on....I may just have to wait until I can go outside. Has anyone had their watch charge in the times it states in the instructions? Any photos here of a correctly placed watch that is charging?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
The solar cells are the purpleish border to the display. Is there any way you could hang it out the window (securely attached of course)? A couple of hours, even on an overcast day, should make a difference.

You might be aware that some of the early GW-300s had faulty batteries (or faulty implementation). If yours is one of these, it may actually need to have the battery replaced. Some forum members have done this themselves, but the rechargable batteries are not easily obtained, so it is probably a job for Casio. If you search the forum, you will find a number of threads on this subject.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did read that like right after I purchased mine which said it was new and packaged when it arrived. I had my dad take it to his house and stick it in a sunny window and gthe display retuened... He could not for some reason get it to a full charge... I have had it for two weeks on this charge. I am now at a different facility and the lighting is better. I might also add I did not keep the fluresent light on much at the other facility...But I do here....

Take care and thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Good to hear that your watch doesn't have a terminal problem. Let's hope you see it fully charged at some point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts