WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to darken the chrome ring around the face of the watch, I would like to remove the bezel for better access. It appears that the bezel is in two halves, each secured by three small Phillips-head screws. My plan for the ring, after masking the crystal, is a slight roughening with fine sandpaper, followed by carefully applied flat black paint and finally a coat of poly. Before beginning, I would value any comments or suggestions from those who know more. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike: After looking at your photo, I think the GW-300 is different. I hope somebody who is certain will post advice. Your comment about parts shooting out is why I plan to try to remove the bezel working inside of a baggie. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I can confirm that the GW-300 does have one of those crazy springs underneath the bezel. Take apart this model at your own risk.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can confirm that the GW-300 does have one of those crazy springs underneath the bezel. Take apart this model at your own risk.
Buzzbait: Thanks for the crucial information that I was hoping not to hear. Maybe I'll decide that it is not too hard after all to leave the bezel in place and carefully mask around it. Or, since the goal is cosmetic rather than function, I could learn to like the chrome as it is. You and Mike have done me a very great favor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts