WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older GW-300. Noticed battery was not charging. Found Watchuseek and info on older battery problems. Also found the instructions to replace battery. Follwed instructions and all is well except the atomic sync will not work. Tried several times manually, placing watch in the same window where it would sync before replacing the battery. Watch did not sync overnight last night.

Is there something could have messed up replacing the battery?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-- Idaho Spud

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
My guess would be the antenna has been damaged or moved during the battery change. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse Idaho, I'm ignorant on this one, though something is tickling the back of my memory on this with another post here somewhere, in which case someone is sure to jump in and help.

What Lexxorcist says sounds extremely rational to me ....... is there one of the small springs that casio seems intent on putting everywhere, involved here at all?

Anyway, keeping looking and I'm sure someone will help, they are a helpful bunch :-!

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
you need to set it on right time and world time is set and then it should getting signals for syncing but after change battery did you reset the watch plus there is three springs for one on syncing and one getting sun to recharge and one for noise spring.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well done Ron, the fount of all knowledge ! :-!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Successful repair.

Opened up watch again and checked springs. One spring is not the same on both ends - one end has a "leg" sticking out. That end needs to go down and fit into a notch. Once I accomplished that - no easy task - the watch synced fine.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Successful repair.

Opened up watch again and checked springs. One spring is not the same on both ends - one end has a "leg" sticking out. That end needs to go down and fit into a notch. Once I accomplished that - no easy task - the watch synced fine.
:-!

And welcome to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts