WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "I still love my GW500 and it deserves attention" thread

Yes the GW-500, GW500 what ever you refer to it as. I actually got around to picking one up, just arrived Friday..........and lovin it. What a nicely built piece, my pics today don't do it justice really.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i love that module for the large digits, but part of the reason i sold my MTG900 (very similar modules) was lack of a CDT, and i had no use for it's substitute, the time memo function. enjoy though, looks sharp!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep :)

For those that don't know them. The strap snaps on then bolts on, very nice

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK back.

So the arrangement for the strap and lug is a beefy piece, big chunk of lug and strong snug strap, as stated it snaps on then bolts in, snaps on strong enough if you lost a bolt you would not loose the watch

THE BOLT

THE FEMALE

THE MALE

THE UNION

Now you can only imagine from the above titles male, female this is why we have these and where they come from :-d sorry been a long day

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
It is my least worn G, so I modded it. Funny, I still
don't wear it:think:
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
OK back.

So the arrangement for the strap and lug is a beefy piece, big chunk of lug and strong snug strap, as stated it snaps on then bolts in, snaps on strong enough if you lost a bolt you would not loose the watch

THE BOLT

THE FEMALE

THE MALE

THE UNION

Now you can only imagine from the above titles male, female this is why we have these and where they come from :-d sorry been a long day

Haha. :-d:-d

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i love that module for the large digits, but part of the reason i sold my MTG900 (very similar modules) was lack of a CDT, and i had no use for it's substitute, the time memo function. enjoy though, looks sharp!
Agreed there. I have the same issue with the MTG. Too bad Casio didn't see fit to incorporate a target function on the stopwatch like on the DW-6600. That works QUITE well, and would alleviate the CDT deficiency.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Sorry to drag up an ancient thread, but how did you get the bezel black while retaining the lettering?
Those appear to be two different models.

The GW-500 has a silver bezel with black text, and the GW-530 has the gunmetal bezel with white text.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts