WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2413 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honestly,the best watch I own. I've learned to use it for it's intended use,Gshock use. I wear it while I work on my bikes,moving stuff around and travels. It's my winter watch tho,can't stand much it's weight in summer. I love it,seems it's getting very hard to find,I'm glad I've got myself covered with 2 bezels and one strap. Of course I take good care of it, I regularly apply some specific product to keep the resin soft and moist.
Post yours fellas,and share the love |>

http://

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Yes, it's a great watch. I would say it's perfect except that the buttons are a little hard to press. I have myself covered as far as spare parts too, but I am missing a spare crystal (they are discontinued, and you have to buy the whole case (which is expensive) to get the crystal).

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes indeed it's a fantastic G, tough and low profile. I'm just going to take a ride on this thread, please i don't mean to hijack it but also don't thingk it would be necessary to atart another just for this question. Wore mine yesterday to the beach, it was fully charged as ever (i live in Rio deJaneiro - Brazil, sun is not a problem here). The moment i arrived i checked the time and my gw5000 was blank! He stopped. No the power saving was not activated and even if it was i don't think that the sun would allow it to turn off the watch. Was simply terrified, so i pressed the receiving button and it came back alive. Been wearing it since yesterday and it did not happened again. But i didn't like it. What would have caused it?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Mine is on the way and should be arrive in a couple of hours, pics to follow when she's here.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have myself covered as far as spare parts too, but I am missing a spare crystal (they are discontinued, and you have to buy the whole case (which is expensive) to get the crystal).
That would be my worst nightmare. I have my GW5600 crystal well beaten up but for 50 Euro I can buy the whole new watch,I don't even wanna think about scratching the crystal on this one...scary

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
That would be my worst nightmare. I have my GW5600 crystal well beaten up but for 50 Euro I can buy the whole new watch,I don't even wanna think about scratching the crystal on this one...scary

There's always polishing (though it can be a pain in the neck if the scratches are deep) or the option of substituting a crystal from another square solar (many are the same size)

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Another vote for the composite bracelet:

Very comfortable. ;-)
How is that bracelet put together, pins or screws and if pins, how much of a pain is it to size?

Also, are there micro adjustments on the clasp?

Agree that it looks great on that watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
How is that bracelet put together, pins or screws and if pins, how much of a pain is it to size?

Also, are there micro adjustments on the clasp?

Agree that it looks great on that watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Each link is held on the bracelet with a small spring bar, just like the ones used at the lugs of most watches only smaller.

There are four micro adjust holes on the pushbutton release clasp. You can see it more clearly in this photo of the same bracelet on my GW-6900:

HTH

·
Registered
301 Posts
+1 combi - I have it on 3 of my 55/56's and was going to buy a couple more, but tiktox are out of stock - the page isn't even showing zero stock, its now page not found when you search for it. Hope they get some more in.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I have the combi bracelet but haven't put it on the 5000 yet. I have had that bracelet before and it is amazing!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Joining in

photo (2).JPG

1 - 20 of 2413 Posts