WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2341 - 2360 of 2413 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think I just had a brain fart this whole time. The modules are the same for the 5k and the 5610. I could, correct me if I’m wrong, perhaps change the module and buttons from a gwm5610bb and call it a day. The screws wouldn’t be a problem as I can source them individually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The buttons from the 5610 won't fit in the GW5000. GW5000 is a total anomaly in the sense that it's a screwback that houses the 5610 module, yet uses the same size bezels as the DW5600... and has unique buttons to boot.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The buttons from the 5610 won't fit in the GW5000. GW5000 is a total anomaly in the sense that it's a screwback that houses the 5610 module, yet uses the same size bezels as the DW5600... and has unique buttons to boot.
Got it so the only thing that can be swapped is the module. I think I’ll do that because I’m really digging the negative display. Thank you for the info and the accompanying picture of your mod.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Guys my G-shock connected app ceased to work.

Phone: Galaxy S9+, stock Android 10
Watch: GW-5600BC-1B

The G-shock connected app works fine like for a day or two, and than won't even start. Reinstalling gives me another day or two. Battery optimisation and background restrictions are turned off fot this particular app. What seems to be the issue? Anyone also experiencing this?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Guys my G-shock connected app ceased to work.

Phone: Galaxy S9+, stock Android 10
Watch: GW-5600BC-1B

The G-shock connected app works fine like for a day or two, and than won't even start. Reinstalling gives me another day or two. Battery optimisation and background restrictions are turned off fot this particular app. What seems to be the issue? Anyone also experiencing this?
Well, I guess it’s a good thing the GW-5000 doesn’t use the app

·
Registered
407 Posts
Gotta Catch 'Em All:-d;-)b-)
Why does your gw5k with positive display seem to have an extra while line around the tough solar label as well as the one highlighting the display. My gw5k seems to look like your gw5000b. Would there be any reason for this?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why does your gw5k with positive display seem to have an extra while line around the tough solar label as well as the one highlighting the display. My gw5k seems to look like your gw5000b. Would there be any reason for this?
Its a matter of light, B version got little bit thinner frame and white line is in GW5K.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
My beater :rouleau:

Looks good and well-worn!

Another benefit of the 5000 — a quick bezel and strap change and it looks brand new again. I last changed the bezel and strap 4 years ago. Might swap again but I’m enjoying the well-worn look.

·
Registered
714 Posts

Another benefit of the 5000 — a quick bezel and strap change and it looks brand new again. I last changed the bezel and strap 4 years ago. Might swap again but I’m enjoying the well-worn look.

Thank-you @Ottovonn I’m also enjoying the well-worn look :)

·
Registered
324 Posts

@rammus looks great!!!

@Ottovonn let’s see your “patina” hehe

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
@rammus looks great!!!

@Ottovonn let’s see your “patina” hehe

The wear isn’t immediately visible but the resin is definitely scratched up and has lost most of its matte look. I’ll try to take a photo in direct sunlight tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Looks good @Ottovonn!

The lettering on the second photo looks very white, did you paint it or is just lighting?
It’s the lighting; it looks more subdued in person. I think this was a 5600e bezel. I had it changed a few years back.

At one point I had a red bezel but went back to the plain old black. I might try to source a yellow one — saw someone with a modded yellow GW-5000 and it looked amazing.

(By the way, I have a screen protector installed which is slightly peeling on the left side. It’s stayed in place for about two years)

2341 - 2360 of 2413 Posts