WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2361 - 2380 of 2413 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just received the DHL bill for import tax. Thought I’d got away with it since I got the watch in April. Oh well still enjoying the watch and these things don’t come for free.
I'm the US and I've never paid import tax. My B5000 should arrive monday via DHL, anyone know if and how I'll be charged?

I tried looking up info on the DHL site, but it wasn't clear to me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just received the DHL bill for import tax. Thought I’d got away with it since I got the watch in April. Oh well still enjoying the watch and these things don’t come for free.
View attachment 15247311
It's been annoying lately. I usually buy my watches from overseas and it seems like DHL has been making a thing of taxing me. I've never had a problem with import fees until this quarantine started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's been annoying lately. I usually buy my watches from overseas and it seems like DHL has been making a thing of taxing me. I've never had a problem with import fees until this quarantine started.

It’s just one of those things. I’m UK based and went in knowing it would be to pay Just thought I might have got lucky. Was not to be. It’s certainly something you need to plan in to your costing and think if you are going to be happy paying the total costs. I really wanted a GW5K so have to accept it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That sucks. I used to have no problems buying from outside the us and having watches imported. Never had to pay fees. Then all of a sudden I was getting charged 10% of the total watch price as an import fee for every single import I made...from a seller I never had to pay import fees on starting after the quarantine. It wouldn't be a big deal but when the total is 2000$ it makes a sizeable dent. Think it's just the U.S's way of saying "F u for not supporting the economy".

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have no problem with the 21% VAT my country charges. What I don't like is the €17 they charge for handling EMS packages. It's literally just grabbing the package, reading the invoice that is taped to the box, converting it to Euro and sending me an invoice for it. They don't even unpack it.

Especially on cheaper watches it's a big hit and import fees and VAT can take up 50% of the cost of the watch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have no problem with the 21% VAT my country charges. What I don't like is the €17 they charge for handling EMS packages. It's literally just grabbing the package, reading the invoice that is taped to the box, converting it to Euro and sending me an invoice for it. They don't even unpack it.

Especially on cheaper watches it's a big hit and import fees and VAT can take up 50% of the cost of the watch.
it's hard to purchase something in Brazil because the VAT for importing something above USD50 is 60% of the price plus BRL15 for handling the package.
DHL invoice it for any package delivered here but the Brazilian Post Service doesn't, I mean, you may or may not be charged if it was delivered by the regular mail.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Own one BUT my only issue is that for about the same cash you can grab a 5035 in gold. There should be more of a difference in price. ALSO order a combi for my gw-5000 from tiktox and no email confirm or eta. What the hell!?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Own one BUT my only issue is that for about the same cash you can grab a 5035 in gold. There should be more of a difference in price. ALSO order a combi for my gw-5000 from tiktox and no email confirm or eta. What the hell!?
I don't understand comparing the GW5000 to DW5035 limited edition anniversary. Different module, different watch --should one be vastly more expensive to you? Which one?

Tiktox seems to be in the process of sorting their automated email confirmation issues that other members have been talking about recently. I don't know specifics, but you aren't the first person outside of the EU to be confused/troubled over it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't understand comparing the GW5000 to DW5035 limited edition anniversary. Different module, different watch --should one be vastly more expensive to you? Which one?

Tiktox seems to be in the process of sorting their automated email confirmation issues that other members have been talking about recently. I don't know specifics, but you aren't the first person outside of the EU to be confused/troubled over it.
t’s true about the differences. I guess I was approaching it from thePOV that I have more than a few solar Gs with at least a more similar module to the one in the gw5k. For me it is my everyday if I don’t want to worry about damage.
If it has a use I’ll take it! And if it’s unique, I’ll take it,.. and if it’s rare or pretty. I’ll take it too. Too bad that’s EVERY G out there. Lol.
That being said I have my eye on a GW-5025d-8JF.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like I'm not the only one always struggling with which G to wear. I have a GMW-B5000 as well. I bought the GW-5000 as a true beater, but then I find myself watching Alone on Netflix wondering, if that were me which G would I take? LOL

·
Registered
929 Posts
For anyone looking for a GW-5000B, I just saw an auction flop at 45k yen, no bidders. Auction is relisted and ends in two days.

It's not often that you see them in this state for MSRP.

2361 - 2380 of 2413 Posts