WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2381 - 2400 of 2413 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Besides eBay, does anyone have a reliable source for one of these? I’ve been out the game for a few years. Been sleeping on this classic 😬

·
Registered
6 Posts
Found mine on Facebook Marketplace. Just make sure they have the box, paperwork, and familiarize yourself with the caseback markings to make sure it's legit. And smell the strap! (So you can negotiate down the price of a new one).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since it is a JDM model, you can also go the direct import route. I got mine quickly from Seiya Japan; the second great JDM purchase experience with them. The price may vary a bit depending on exchange rates and, if you are unlucky, you might end up paying import duty. But you are at least spared any concerns about authenticity.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Has your bezel and its surrounds gone glossy from the wear? It's a good look!
I like it too :), but yeah, as Dxnnis called above, it's just my "good old" GW-5000 setup with a Casio combi bracelet (v1) and a black aftermarket metal bezel. Took a while to find a really good bezel of that sort back then, but after I finally locked this combination in, I've been using it like this ever since.

Here's the photo I've posted before:

Suits me better than the factory setup... but that's just me ;), and obviously the default is a superb classic in any case.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like it too :), but yeah, as Dxnnis called above, it's just my "good old" GW-5000 setup with a Casio combi bracelet (v1) and a black aftermarket metal bezel. Took a while to find a really good bezel of that sort back then, but after I finally locked this combination in, I've been using it like this ever since.

Here's the photo I've posted before:

View attachment 15372949

Suits me better than the factory setup... but that's just me ;), and obviously the default is a superb classic in any case.
Oh oops yes, I should've looked more closely at the photo! It was clearly a metal bezel. I made the switch to an aftermarket black steel bezel for a while but something about the fit and finish of it left very unsatisfactory gaps with the module and it gradually bothered me enough to just switch back to the original resin and I sold the bezel. Yours look really good though!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
In the last four days I've taken a motorcycle trip in the Austrian Alps. It was absolutely fantastic, the only fly in the soup being the nonexistent web connection, so couldn't post pics in WRUW. So here is my GW5000 crossing some fine mountain passes, the Großglockner and the Nockalmstraße.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Funny thing, but I don't think a GW-5000B with a bracelet would be my ideal watch. It is everything I want, but I wouldn't wear such an expensive and difficult to obtain watch on a daily basis. I don't have that problem with the M5610BC.

Maybe I will change my mind in the future. For now I am a very happy man with a wonderful watch!
I posted this message six years ago. Seems like I changed my mind because this watch is now my daily.

2381 - 2400 of 2413 Posts