WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2561 - 2580 of 2617 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would like to get a bracelet for mine. I think there are two generations for combi bracelets? How do I go around finding them? Any aftermarket bracelets maybe that are good?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I would like to get a bracelet for mine. I think there are two generations for combi bracelets? How do I go around finding them? Any aftermarket bracelets maybe that are good?
I prefer v.2 over v.1 due to aesthetic reason and lighter weight (if my memory serve me right, i no longer has v.1). I think tiktox has sister website which offer more competitive price but i couldn't remember.

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,342 Posts
Was wearing my 5000 today and noticed a noticeable scratch under the “PS” symbol!

I’m glad I have a screen protector and think whatever cut it didn’t cut the crystal — still, I have no idea where the scratch came from.

Screen protector of some sort is highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was wearing my 5000 today and noticed a noticeable scratch under the “PS” symbol!

I’m glad I have a screen protector and think whatever cut it didn’t cut the crystal — still, I have no idea where the scratch came from.

Screen protector of some sort is highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you get the screen protector from?

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,342 Posts
Where did you get the screen protector from?
I used to buy a better protector that fit the screen perfectly, but the seller no longer sells them. This one can be found on eBay here.

My issue with it that the protector isn't quite aligned with the crystal. You can see some space exposed in the bottom left hand corner. Still, it gets the job done. Sometimes you just don't how your G-Shock crystal gets scratched up; so I think an inexpensive protector is worth the peace of mind.

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
After one week of ownership, I’m really liking the 5000 (my 1st g-shock). My wife says “it is ruggedly handsome.” I added the M5610R simply because... 😁

View attachment 15887695
I like the M5610R and to me it seems to have better readability over the base 5610 but I have always felt it had a SF Giants vibe to it. Which would be out of place on my wrist (as I am a Dodgers fan)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Get a mobile phone screen protector cut it slightly bigger than the screen, take off the bezel put it on then the bezel back over the top and it's totally invisible. Worked for me (y)
You also have plenty left for spares
Thats what I did when I bought mine.... I did not remove the Bezel though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
956 Posts
The bezel on my GW-5000 is getting a bit loose around the metal case, to the point where it is starting to squeak as I press the buttons.

Other than buying a new bezel, is there a trick to shrink the bezel a little? Perhaps by putting the bezel in boiling water?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just received mine from Japan (used, like new off Yahoo Auctions, customs missed my parcel for fees :)), have they changed the box recently? I've noticed that the boxes used to contain a white watch pillow but mine came with just black foam in the leather style box. The watch I bought was made in January this year.
Loving it so far though, ended up being an absolute bargain, it's strange how much heavier it feels compared to my GWM-5610, and the strap is fantastic.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The bezel on my GW-5000 is getting a bit loose around the metal case, to the point where it is starting to squeak as I press the buttons.
Even if it may seem like it, coinciding with the bezel starting to move a bit, it's probably not the bezel that squeaks.

I asked about squeaky button presses on my GW-5000 a good while ago, after those sounds just sort of... appeared. I mean, suddenly I noticed my GW-5000 squeaking, little squishy squeaky button push noises :p. The thing is, I was using a solid metal aftermarket bezel the whole time, which was definitely staying in place and not flexing, hah, so it was the buttons and their inner workings, perhaps some moisture that interacted with the sealing rings, go figure. I let it be, and they haven't made any noise in a long time now (y)

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
Just received mine from Japan (used, like new off Yahoo Auctions, customs missed my parcel for fees :)), have they changed the box recently? I've noticed that the boxes used to contain a white watch pillow but mine came with just black foam in the leather style box. The watch I bought was made in January this year.
Loving it so far though, ended up being an absolute bargain, it's strange how much heavier it feels compared to my GWM-5610, and the strap is fantastic.

Yes Casio changed the box this year. They basically went cheap. The original kit that came with the GW-5000 was a black outer box where the paperwork sat on the top and black inner box with a white pillow. The new for this year kit was a black box that opened from the top and the paperwork sat on top of the watch. The pillow was replaced by a foam wedge.

Some places still have the watch in the older box. I bought a few from Seiya this year and requested the older box and he still had a few older boxes so he switched them out for me but I think he is out as he sent me one with the newer box

Here are some pics

Old style box

New style box

2561 - 2580 of 2617 Posts