WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2581 - 2600 of 2617 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes Casio changed the box this year. They basically went cheap. The original kit that came with the GW-5000 was a black outer box where the paperwork sat on the top and black inner box with a white pillow. The new for this year kit was a black box that opened from the top and the paperwork sat on top of the watch. The pillow was replaced by a foam wedge.

Some places still have the watch in the older box. I bought a few from Seiya this year and requested the older box and he still had a few older boxes so he switched them out for me but I think he is out as he sent me one with the newer box

Here are some pics

Old style box

View attachment 15898145

New style box

View attachment 15898146
Thanks for the info, the second box is exactly what I got with the white outer sleeve. A bit annoying that I got the cheaper box but I'm glad that it came with all of the tags and papers included.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Even if it may seem like it, coinciding with the bezel starting to move a bit, it's probably not the bezel that squeaks.

I asked about squeaky button presses on my GW-5000 a good while ago, after those sounds just sort of... appeared. I mean, suddenly I noticed my GW-5000 squeaking, little squishy squeaky button push noises :p. The thing is, I was using a solid metal aftermarket bezel the whole time, which was definitely staying in place and not flexing, hah, so it was the buttons and their inner workings, perhaps some moisture that interacted with the sealing rings, go figure. I let it be, and they haven't made any noise in a long time now (y)
Thanks! Checked out the buttons, but it is the bezel, I can make it squeak by pressing the sides together. I will order a new bezel.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks! Checked out the buttons, but it is the bezel, I can make it squeak by pressing the sides together. I will order a new bezel.
Ah, ok! Hmm, apropos, I wonder what's the best place to order GW-5000 spare parts in the EU now that UK is out, so to speak? I do have extra screws and whatnot, but it wouldn't hurt to have some more spares around. Anyone know some reputable retailer in Germany or somewhere else like that, having also GW-5000 parts in stock by default?

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
Ah, ok! Hmm, apropos, I wonder what's the best place to order GW-5000 spare parts in the EU now that UK is out, so to speak? I do have extra screws and whatnot, but it wouldn't hurt to have some more spares around. Anyone know some reputable retailer in Germany or somewhere else like that, having also GW-5000 parts in stock by default?
Well you can also use a bezel and strap from the regular DW-5600E. Yes the strap on the GW-5000 is more supple then the DW-5600E's one but I find the DW-5600E strap to be comfortable to wear also.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well you can also use a bezel and strap from the regular DW-5600E. Yes the strap on the GW-5000 is more supple then the DW-5600E's one but I find the DW-5600E strap to be comfortable to wear also.
Yeah, indeed. And well, in my case, I'm using the combi anyway, etc... Would just feel nice knowing a good parts dealer in the EU with an extensive selection of spare parts for specific models, also the Japanese domestic market ones like GW-5000 :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ok; so after reading so many glowing reviews of the GW-5000 - and seeing some awesome photos - I couldn't resist any longer so ordered one via Seiya Japan last night. Can't wait to join the club!
Great result. You’ll love it. Let us know what you think

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered my watch from Seiya Japan at 6pm on Wednesday evening and it arrived via DHL yesterday afternoon - less than 48 hours. I also received regular texts and emails updating me on its whereabouts. Exceptionally good service. I've only had a quick look at it and it looks and feels sheer quality. I will take some photos soon and share them here 🙂

·
Registered
27 Posts
One question; my serial number is 201E126A. I have seen stuff on here on how to decipher when it was made, but I don't have it to hand now. Can anyone advise please? Thank you.

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
One question; my serial number is 201E126A. I have seen stuff on here on how to decipher when it was made, but I don't have it to hand now. Can anyone advise please? Thank you.

Your factory code is 201E

The watch was made on the 126th day of 2021 (May 7th 2021) so it is a fresh watch watch (not even a month old from the factory)

This does not surprise me as Seiya does not keep the GW-5000 in stock long enough to sit. I think it is one of his best sellers. He is quick. I bought one from him last Thurs as I needed a gift for a friend. It says it should arrive on June 1st but as it is in Cincy right now, i would suspect i will see it on Monday

What box did you get with the watch?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your factory code is 201E

The watch was made on the 126th day of 2021 (May 7th 2021) so it is a fresh watch watch (not even a month old from the factory)

This does not surprise me as Seiya does not keep the GW-5000 in stock long enough to sit. I think it is one of his best sellers. He is quick. I bought one from him last Thurs as I needed a gift for a friend. It says it should arrive on June 1st but as it is in Cincy right now, i would suspect i will see it on Monday

What box did you get with the watch?
Thank you for confirming that for me. Mine came in a smart black box. I will put some photos on here soon but I have only had a very quick look at it - I've had a busy few days with work and out gallivanting with my kids etc! As soon as I get a minute I'll take some photos :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok, so finally a few photos. I haven't even taken the tag off yet and I've not had a chance to set it up with the atomic signal (date and time are incorrect currently). I'll do that tonight. Also, I've not taken the protective piece of cellophane off the back yet. At my first glance I thought there were scuffs on the back and then realised it was the protective cover! 😂

Although it's a G-Shock and it can take some rough and tumble, I shall take good care of it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ok, so finally a few photos. I haven't even taken the tag off yet and I've not had a chance to set it up with the atomic signal (date and time are incorrect currently). I'll do that tonight. Also, I've not taken the protective piece of cellophane off the back yet. At my first glance I thought there were scuffs on the back and then realised it was the protective cover! 😂

Although it's a G-Shock and it can take some rough and tumble, I shall take good care of it.
It looks absolutely great Glen and I’m really pleased you like it. Great service from Seiya and a factory fresh example. What’s not to like. I’m regretting selling mine now and seriously thinking of buying another.

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,342 Posts
And now set up fully synced with correct time etc. It didn't sync the first couple of nights so I left it on the window sill the other night and it synced fine and since then has synced each night no problem, regardless of where I left it.

View attachment 15924916

View attachment 15924918
It won’t sync all the time; but once you find that sweet spot in your house, it should be fairly consistent. I also find that mine syncs pretty regular if I wear it to bed. I think wearing it somehow amplifies the reception.

If you have an iPhone you can use the clock wave app to have your watch sync to the app’s radio signal any time of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
I'm in the UK and sync occurs every night (mine are stashed in watch boxes under the bed) and manual sync during the day is normally possible ok as well. I think one missed a sync once in the last few years, not sure why but probably due to weather.
As @Ottovonn said though finding that perfect spot is all you need, I'm just lucky as I must be closer to the transmitter than you

2581 - 2600 of 2617 Posts