WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lets say I want to get a spare bezel and band if I want to get it looking new again.

1) How do I know it's a actual JDM GW-5000 with the better materials vs perhaps the 5610 that looks the same but is not.
2) Will they still be soft and supple later?
3) Is their another watch from Casio that uses the same nicer band that the GW-5000 uses?
4) Is the GW-5000 bezel actually different as well?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
1/ only fanboys of the GW-5000 can tell
2/ like everything else in life
3/ like i said at number 1, only fanboys of the GW5000 says its band feel nicer, for me band from a G(W)6900 would be as comfy
4/ you know bezel is for protection right ?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
1) How do I know it's a actual JDM GW-5000 with the better materials vs perhaps the 5610 that looks the same but is not.
GW-5000 has a screw back, not a back plate so you won't get those confused. As far as parts, the straps come in packaging that lists it's for a GW-5000. The bezel usually don't so just make sure you order them from a trustworthy source.

2) Will they still be soft and supple later?
Depends on how they are stored and what later means. But probably.

3) Is their another watch from Casio that uses the same nicer band that the GW-5000 uses?
Yes, GW-5000B and GW-T5030. GW-5000B has dlc hardware. GW-T5030 has copper color hardware made of titanium but I don't think you can buy this.

4) Is the GW-5000 bezel actually different as well?
Yes, but since you don't really touch it, it's not a huge difference. Plus the costs are similar for a GW-5000 bezel versus and GW-M5610 bezel. Either would work fine.

·
Registered
399 Posts
1) The band buckle will be inscribed 'Casio Japan', as opposed to most all other models that indicate China or Thailand. As far as I know, only the GW-5000's resin is made in Japan. The packaging would also show the GW-5000 as the model for which the band is made. The bezel doesn't seen to have as much indication, but I've noticed that the material is softer compared to other bezels and the lettering is more grayish compared to a stock white lettered bezel. If you get the two from a reputable Casio parts supplier, you shouldn't have any problems with getting the genuine articles.
2) If you store them properly, sealed up, room temperature and out of direct light, they'll probably be okay. The GW-5000 itself hasn't really been out long enough to test long term resin properties. It seems that modern resin holds up better over the years compared to the vintage stuff, so the odds are fairly good that it'll last.
3) As far as I know, no. Pacparts catalog site only lists the GW-5000 as the recipient of that particular band.
4) Slightly. The material is a bit softer and the lettering has a grayish tint to it compared to the pure white of a typical stock bezel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts