WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up one of the 25th Anniversary 5500's at Penny's not too long ago. While I love the finish of the watch and clarity of the display, I'm disappointed in the volume of the alarm.

Thirty some-odd years of working around noisy machinery (not to mention a few rock concerts along the way) has resulting in some high-end hearing loss, but I can still hear the typical watch speaker (some better than others). But I really can't hear the 5525 alarm under "normal" ambient conditions.

I did notice that if I put the watch close to my ear I can hear the speaker and it appears to me to be a much higher pitch than my Casios. This could explain why it's harder for me to hear it in normal use.

So my question is - for others that own the 5525, do you notice this same problem? Is the speaker higher in pitch and perhaps a bit weaker in volume on this model?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
that why u need another loud G alarm. u wear the GW5525 while setting the alarm on the other.

but the truth is ive never set the alarm on my 5525 but i did test the alarm and ure right, its not loud. all the Gs i have has not so loud alarm. thats why i set alarm 1,2,3,4 and snooze so that one of them could wake me up. if all fails, theres my gf that will wake me up because of those annoying alarm i set.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I can honestly say after all the 'G's I've owned and all the time I've spent tinkering with them, I've never set the alarm!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I can honestly say after all the 'G's I've owned and all the time I've spent tinkering with them, I've never set the alarm!
Well I'll be ! :-s.......... I use mine quite a lot and there is quite a lot of difference in the volume and pitch. The 5600 seems to be the quietest and my Stargate and 6900 the loudest, probably to do with the size .... :think:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Now if I had one with a Nirvana alarm I'd find a reason to use it! Otherwise I just use my phone!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments. It sounds like this module may be one of the quieter ones.

I tend to use the countdown timer alarm a lot. Regular alarms not as much, but still several times a week.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Since mansrow can only bid a maximum of @29.99, beeting his bid would not be too difficult! :-d

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Sjors, i want one. i want one. whats that model !!!
I have to warn you a little bit. I do not have big hands, the watch is a bit small. It's not as small as a Club-G or Baby-G, but it's not as big as a DW-6900.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
335 Posts
I picked up one of the 25th Anniversary 5500's at Penny's not too long ago. While I love the finish of the watch and clarity of the display, I'm disappointed in the volume of the alarm.

Thirty some-odd years of working around noisy machinery (not to mention a few rock concerts along the way) has resulting in some high-end hearing loss, but I can still hear the typical watch speaker (some better than others). But I really can't hear the 5525 alarm under "normal" ambient conditions.

I did notice that if I put the watch close to my ear I can hear the speaker and it appears to me to be a much higher pitch than my Casios. This could explain why it's harder for me to hear it in normal use.

So my question is - for others that own the 5525, do you notice this same problem? Is the speaker higher in pitch and perhaps a bit weaker in volume on this model?

Thanks.
I have 2, 7710's, a Kawasaki and a yellow. They have a red and a green
led at the bottom of the display. These can be set to coincide with the
alarm(s). They are pretty bright, and the flickering colors wake me
every time. I think that the module in the 7710 is one of the best ever,
you can even adjust the contrast.
Best, LL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts