WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a GW-5600 for Christmas and it's a great watch. I know that it's radio controlled but not sure where the wire runs. Can I shorten the strap? Will I cut the wire?

Now that I think of it, Can I turn off the beeps when scrolling through the various modes? I didn't see that option in my manual. Thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Cool! I got one last week, too. I cut off the strap, with a pocket knife, between the first and second holes on the strap. I have not found a way to turn off the button beep, and the manual does not indicate a way to do so.

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the antenna is built into the watch's movement.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Trigger.

I can confirm that the aerial is not in the strap, and that you can't turn off the 'beeps'.

·
Registered
162 Posts
After market dw5600 lower straps (the longer one without the buckle)
that Watch Station, etc. sell will fit the gw5600. The top strap won't fit
because the case shape is a bit different. The strap was long for my wrist so I use the
after market strap for the lower strap and it fits well and is shorter than the stock strap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After market dw5600 lower straps (the longer one without the buckle)
that Watch Station, etc. sell will fit the gw5600. The top strap won't fit
because the case shape is a bit different. The strap was long for my wrist so I use the
after market strap for the lower strap and it fits well and is shorter than the stock strap.
Thanks for all the help. I did shorten it and it worked great. I used a razor and some sand paper to make it smooth and used used the end of the watch strap that I cut off as the template. Worked great! Thanks for the help and the warm welcome. This is a way cool forum!

Have a happy New Year!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for all the help. I did shorten it and it worked great. I used a razor and some sand paper to make it smooth and used used the end of the watch strap that I cut off as the template. Worked great! Thanks for the help and the warm welcome. This is a way cool forum!

Have a happy New Year!
That's clever, using the end of your strap as a template.

Hey, mods, you should find all the threads on strap-shortening and place them in a "how to."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts