WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless someone on this forum already knows about it, but on the website for J.C. Penney, they have a GW-5600 with a reverse display and it stated it has a multi-band function. Can anyone confirm it does have the function? I don't know if my local JCP has one. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I checked the website out, if that's an image of the actual product I imagine it is atomic. In reference to multi band, they may be referring to multiple frequencies in the US, and possibly Mexico and Japan. Too bad they don't show the module number, maybe check out Ebay?

L

·
0 Posts
I checked the website out, if that's an image of the actual product I imagine it is atomic. In reference to multi band, they may be referring to multiple frequencies in the US, and possibly Mexico and Japan. Too bad they don't show the module number, maybe check out Ebay?
The module number is 2924. It will sync up in Japan and the US. In the image, the digits are shown brighter by a long shot than in real life. It's visible in the daytime, but the low-light and night-time visibility is zero without the backlight.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The module number is 2924. It will sync up in Japan and the US. In the image, the digits are shown brighter by a long shot than in real life. It's visible in the daytime, but the low-light and night-time visibility is zero without the backlight.
Actually I own two reverse display G shock none of which has the pink/red numbers:
1) DW-5600CF-8JF:gold
2) G-5600RB-1JF:gold
In my opinion, it not as bad as people say it is. I mean yeah it not as easy as a normal display, but it not as bad as zero visibility. It may sound funny, but I find the reverse display to clearer and the numbers a-lot sharper than a normal display at night but during low-light it may take a little getting use to. The numbers on the GW-5600 and G-5600 is a-bit bigger than the standard DW-5600E. Plus you can't go past the fact that look a-lot cooler than the normal display:p, hope this help.

L

·
0 Posts
It does look cool, but I wish they'd made it a duplex LCD instead so you could change the color scheme to normal when you wanted to. It'd make it a lot more desirable a buy for many.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts