WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Which one has more durability? The GW-6900 or GW-7900?
I heard something about the GW-7900, something with the screws.
But the GW-7900 would be more comfortable? Is that right?
I like the look of the GW-6900 more but the GW-7900 has more functions like Moon Phase and Tide.
Which one do you think is better?

Thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
durability: 6900 by the sharp of the bezel, not having the screws, and the buttons are small

the 7900's screws are reported to be drop out, but not really a big deal if you take care of it in the first place

comfortable: depends on how big your wrist is, around 6'' then 6900

i like the moon and tide functions but it's for look, I never find them useful at all

pick the 7900

·
Registered
19,377 Posts
I didn't hear about any reliability problem with either of them, if you are worry about the screws on the 7900, someone has made a tutorial on how to eternally hold them in place with a bit of super glue.

The 6900 is more classic while the 7900 is more functional.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
A 6900 will NOT outlast a 7900, so durability is not an issue. The only issue with the GW-7900 (but not with the G-7900) is that there has been cases of people loosing the decorative screws of the bezel.
But in terms of modules it's like comparing a Fiorano (7900) with a Jetta (6900).

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
I own both. As far as durability goes, I vote them equal. To me it would come down to 1) comfort, and 2) whether you want/need/will use the tide/moon graph.

I feel the 7900 with the wings between the strap and wrist make it mildly more comfortable. But I mean mildly only.

I have been wearing my GW6900 since their North American release around Jluy 2009 and love it. it has traveled literally all over the world with me, been in 5 different oceans, been on my wrist for many a roof re-shingling, home renovation, auto repairs and you name whatever else. Aside from some mild marks in the rubber, it is really no worse for wear at all aside from being a little shiny from being 'polished' from all the wear and tear/rubbing on everything.

The EL 's ate easy to read on both, the screens negative display on my 7900 is also easy to see in all conditions.

Try them both on, see which you like the look of better, and which you find more comfortable.

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Well, if its worth mentioning, the GW7900 will be more difficult to fit under the sleeve of a long sleeve shirt due to its general thickness + the wings under the band.
True! Though I find both VERY comfortable, the 7900 is taller, so long sleeves may be an issue.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
My signature will give away my vote - 7900!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I owned both and personally I pick the 7900 but you have to try them or even own them both to really pick them out lol.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
There has been several reports in this forum of bad modules in the GW-7900 series, not to mention the drop out screws. I think this is one of the rare situation when I rather recommend to go with a GW-6900 - it even does look better I think.

cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts