WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My GW-7900MS-3ER has lost a screw from the front of the case, anyone know anywhere in the UK I can get a replacement please?

Gshock.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't know off the top of my head where to get them, but I've done searches on the GW6900 in this forum and can speak to the fact that if you use the advanced search feature for GW6900, you will find several threads that give links to different places to get the replacement screws. Best of luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I take it this issue has been discussed before?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any idea what the screws are called, or are they just called bezel screws?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any idea what the screws are called, or are they just called bezel screws?
Lead,

They are called: SCREW, DECORATIVE

You can find them at the casiopartsservice or ebay.
Search for GW7900 screw and you should get some hits.
Ebay always has a few floating around.

You can order from TIKTOX but I like ordering domestic (less hassle).

Edit: noticed you are UK based. Better to ask tik tox.

When you take off your bezel, apply some superglue to the ends on the screw on the backside. This will keep it from happening again. I applied epoxy.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
As long as you're ordering them, I suggest ordering the plastic ones that go on the G7900. The decorative screw falling out of the GW is a common occurance, but I'm yet to hear of anyone losing one from the G version.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Just for your own clarification - they are not a 'screw'. They are a simple push in fit, any 'screwing' will destroy the seat in the bezel. From hence forward, if you refer to them as a 'rivet', it's a more accurate description. Last time I spoke to Casio, they referred to them as a 'decorative piece'. And as also been already said, you also have the option of replacing the silver 'screw' design with the black design on the G7900 models...

GW7900b cropped 700.jpg

Casio UK parts phone number is: 020 8208 9567

Reactions: Tsip85

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
So, I've looked on casiosalesandservice.com here in the States and I have only seen the metal rivets. Not the plastic. Where can one fine the plastic rivets? Because aside from the apparent tendency for the metallic rivets (studs?) to fall out, the black plastic just looks better, IMO.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
So, I've looked on casiosalesandservice.com here in the States and I have only seen the metal rivets. Not the plastic. Where can one fine the plastic rivets? Because aside from the apparent tendency for the metallic rivets (studs?) to fall out, the black plastic just looks better, IMO.
Try Pacparts, they have them.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
The following details may help - if they are not on the web site, you'll need to revert to that old fashioned method of phoning up & speaking to a human being...

Black rivets (decorative pieces) Casio part No. 10330600

Reactions: brietlingman

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The following details may help - if they are not on the web site, you'll need to revert to that old fashioned method of phoning up & speaking to a human being...

What? I may actually have to SPEAK to a person? ;)
Thanks StephenWatch. Is that number referencing at casiosalesandservice or at pacparts?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

mmm... Casio part No. :think:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Um, OK. I guess. I take it from this, and the above posted phone number to Casio UK, you're talking about going directly to Casio themselves. I'll check both casiosalesandservice and pacparts, I guess. I had forgotten you were in the UK. Thanks for the part number anyway!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
THIS is one of the reasons why I will never buy another 7900, especially the atomic version with those cheap rivets.

There are too many cases of this occurrence that you may as well consider it a design flaw.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
THIS is one of the reasons why I will never buy another 7900, especially the atomic version with those cheap rivets.

There are too many cases of this occurrence that you may as well consider it a design flaw.
Whats the failure rate? Replacements cost $1.

I have had two without incident.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

It may well be a design flaw, but it is one I am quite willing to live with. My GW7900 is my best watch, I do believe. It feels perfect on my wrist, the tide graph works great (need to post in my other thread that I started on the tide function and update it), it looks good... I can't say enough good about it. I haven't had a rivet fail (yet?), but I am going to order the plastic ones. If I lose a metal rivet, I'll replace it with plastic. I MAY even just replace them one at a time as they go. Not sure there. But getting all the plastic rivets ahead of time so I can do it either way.

It is a fantastic watch. OVERALL, the best G-shock I've bought in a long time, perhaps ever. And I say that after owning both a G7900 and GLX6900 before-hand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got mine from EBay.It is a decorative rivet, not a screw, though it is referred as a screw. Just push it in. It cost be $7 each only (free shipping)

Casio GW 7900 G Shock Decorative Bezel Screw Position 1H 5H 7H 11H GR 7900 | eBay

1 - 20 of 21 Posts