WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Loving my new GW-8108D, only thing is I'm wishing I held out for a standard display rather than reverse.

So I'll be swapping over the polarizer just as soon as I can get the bracelet off - anyone have any ideas (or even better some pics) on how to do this? The instructions I found on the forum for the MTG-900 don't quite work as the plastic link seems to be held in place differently on the 8108D.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yes, nearly forgot, I'm also looking to source myself a: GW-9000-1JF as my next G. Could someone please PM me a good place to get it from in the EU?

Cheers.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Jaypeeaitch,

The GW-9000 is unfortunately not available in Europe and as far as I know not in the US too. You should buy one in Japan I'm afraid. If I'm right the price is around $190.- shipped.

Good you posted that model too, because it's a good resin competitant for the GW-810D. I checked those models, but they don't come with a normal display.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't say hard to read, but you do have to read the time as opposed to seeing the time if you know what I mean.

Shame really as the reverse display does look the shizzle compared to standard. Must be my eyes - I'm getting old now at 31 (I've had a hard paper round!)

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
@ jaypeeaitch,

I had the GW-810BD for about two weeks now but in the end I send it back to the dealer and exchanged it for the GW-810BXD. I couldn't get used to the display of the GW-810BD no matter how hard I tried. The yellowish/amber coloured digits were almost next to impossible to read under difficult light conditions, even when the sun was shining and walking in the shade. only with direct hit of light the display was clear and good to read - to less for my demands. I must admit, that I am a big fan of negative displays, because they just look cool and stealthy. but at least they should offer legibility as good as it gets and the GW-810BD just can't do this.

I switched to the GW-810BXD because on this watch the digits are gray/silver coloured. the contrast to the black background is WAY better and I would say this one has an excellent negative display, very clear to read.

I don't know how to remove the bracelet of this model, I tried but failed (because my intention too was to remove the polarizer/foil). the four screws are covered by two plastic holders which are connected to the bracelet, and I can't see how this can be removed without having some very special tools, probably only made or offered for casio repair shops.

regards, holger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts