WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
hi adan,

I don't own a GW-9000 but I got a G-810BXD which is the metalmade counterpart of it....

...just without the "mudresist" feature, but otherwise with exactly the same functions. I like it but I wouldn't go so far to say I love it. its a good g-shock but not my best. as far as the mudman series goes I think I like the G-9000 better though its lacks solar and RC.

but what I do REALLY like about the GW-9000 are the black buttons, rather then those ugly red buttons on the G-9000, which make the watch unsuitable for me.

regards, holger

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I don't like all the circles.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,568 Posts
Hi Adan,

When it was released a year ago, many people complained about the 5 eyes. I was also one of them, but took the leap to buy the watch. When I got it, I noticed the 5 eyes actually don't look bad. You ned to get used to it, but it is a great watch. I was very glad to have it, because this was the first good looking Solar Atomic model in resin. I love this watch too!

Cheers,

sjors

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Adan,

When it was released a year ago, many people complained about the 5 eyes. I was also one of them, but took the leap to buy the watch. When I got it, I noticed the 5 eyes actually don't look bad. You ned to get used to it, but it is a great watch. I was very glad to have it, because this was the first good looking Solar Atomic model in resin. I love this watch too!

Cheers,

sjors
Hi Sjors...I have a answer...What Master of G do you have in this moment??

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Ahhhhh... the famous 5 eyed devil.............:)

Hi Adan,

Cheers,

sjors

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
WOW... looking good there Sjors in your lab coat and Frogman. :-!

-Gawain

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
the GW9000 is one of my favourite models. yeah, the 5 eyes need some time to be loved, but honestly, its a watch that cannot go wrong.

Sjors, i wear the gold defender and the GW9000 on alternate days! only thing im missing is your coat! |>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Great watch...I later bought a green G-9000, kinda for backup, but now its for sale on the sales corner since the only watch I swap out the GW for is my GSARb-) I love everything about the GW; the stealthy black look, the 5 eyes (make it very symmetrical), and of course the great atomic/solar features. I think if you had to own only one G, this should be the one (although obviously, tastes differ!):p

·
Registered
65 Posts
i own two mudmans and my everyday mudman is the green camo. i cant get over how tough it is and how easy it is to clean.not to mention it still looks new. waiting for the gw9000 to maybe come down in price. i will buy it in the near future. i liked the look from the beginning. still think they should come out with a desert storm camo mudman.:-x

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have one and like it a lot. I especially like the all black of it (vs the black Gulfman). It's pretty comfortable for me. I think the US version is a little cheaper that the JDM version when I bought it (although I know you are not in the US). The Japan price doesn't seem to have dropped much.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
does anyone what other colours the GW9000 comes in?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I like this one only because the digits are large unlike the regular Mudman.

But unfortunately, it is not selling in my country.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I think the 5 eye design is weird since only one of them will indicate reception in any one country etc, and unless you have amnesia, you'll know which one that is without needing an indicator. All you really need is a way of showing the watch received a signal or not.

Seems like Casio has outdone itself with superfluous display features with this one. I didn't think I'd like the look of that gold defender Sjors, but that looks great in real life. I suppose they're impossible to get because it's a frog. :think:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts