WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I think my Gulfman is the first hydro in the world:p.
Please see the shots(sorry low quality).
1000 WR, high-low temperatures resist, anti.corrosion...

What do you think about this mod?:-s

Adan

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
A great modification to a great looking watch!

Does the hydro mod make a noticeable difference to the weight of the watch?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Excellent work ADAN :), that mod adds a new dimension to the term 'tool watch'. Does the auto light function properly with this mod?? I have a DW-5600 Hydro, but obviously no auto light on that.

I'll be interested to know if it still syncs the time ok.
I can't imagine why it shouldn't..........................

Rusty

·
Registered
472 Posts
Could you explain exactly has been done to the watch? It looks like the watch is full of water but that makes no sense to me. Explain please!! :-s:-s

·
Registered
496 Posts
It has been filled with silicone, mineral, or other kind of dielectric oil. The thinking is that since the oil inside the watch does not compress and/or expand like air, it should be impervious to leaks at any reasonable depth of water. And a side effect often is that you can read the display at crazy angles.

Rusty: The watch is changed from OEM configuration, so it's not clear if the radio sync will work as designed. I don't know that the oil will or will not affect that, which is why I asked.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Sorry tseely.. I thought those with more knowledge in this would have chimed in... but they haven't so I'll explain as best I can.

Oil has been put in the watch... a special kind of oil for deep sea diving. I guess when the pressure of the water pushes against the watch, the oil helps keep the watch from buckling in. I think you have to be deep enuff for nitrous, or helium or some other gas added to your oxygen. I know very little about this kind of thing...

-Gawain

Could you explain exactly has been done to the watch? It looks like the watch is full of water but that makes no sense to me. Explain please!! :-s:-s

·
Registered
472 Posts
It has been filled with silicone, mineral, or other kind of dielectric oil. The thinking is that since the oil inside the watch does not compress and/or expand like air, it should be impervious to leaks at any reasonable depth of water. And a side effect often is that you can read the display at crazy angles.

Rusty: The watch is changed from OEM configuration, so it's not clear if the radio sync will work as designed. I don't know that the oil will or will not affect that, which is why I asked.

Thanks for that. Pretty cool idea, actually. :-!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Rusty: The watch is changed from OEM configuration, so it's not clear if the radio sync will work as designed. I don't know that the oil will or will not affect that, which is why I asked.[/quote]

Likewise, i cannot imagine how oil would mess with the radio reception, it is obviously non-conductive and even if it works to suppress radio waves, thei doubt if there's going to be enough thickness in there to make a difference...............but it remains to be seen :)

Rusty

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Excellent work ADAN :), that mod adds a new dimension to the term 'tool watch'. Does the auto light function properly with this mod?? I have a DW-5600 Hydro, but obviously no auto light on that.

I can't imagine why it shouldn't..........................

Rusty
Are you "Anto..."?:think:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Likewise, i cannot imagine how oil would mess with the radio reception, it is obviously non-conductive and even if it works to suppress radio waves, thei doubt if there's going to be enough thickness in there to make a difference...............but it remains to be seen :)

Rusty[/quote]

Hi Rusty, the Gulfman received a signal ok , work fine!.I have the GW-300 convert to hydro and work fine too:p

1 - 20 of 59 Posts