WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I decided that my Riseman will be cleaned after 2 years of good service

The cleaning method is simple, I took the watch apart and sink them all in a warm and soapy water for a couple of minutes, the I slowly cleaned each part using a soft toothbrush.

I were right for wanting it cleaned.

·
Registered
19,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Please note that on the dial, there is a protective film, I guess that it's the anti-scratch / anti-glare adhesive we usually found on the screen of consumer electronic gadgets.

·
Registered
19,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

During the cleaning process, all the small parts are carefully kept in a box, I remember someone has lost a small piece when he rinsed his watch.

Reactions: cman1120

·
Registered
19,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little note about the sensor, it's attached to tha watch with a metal clip and two small screws, on the metal clip there is a spring that is linked to the metal cap (the piece of metal that moves a bit when you touch it with your finger), a plastic ring sits between the two elements.

IMO the construction is rather smart as it provide a good shock resistance to the sensor assembly and allows air to move in and out so that the barometric reading is fairly accurate.

This is how you should install the plastic ring, if you do it correctly the outer metal cap should feel "spring loaded" when you push it with your finger, otherwise it will feel either "loose" or "blocked".

This is the spring

·
Registered
19,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for reading.

Also thanks to all previous WUS members who have done and shared their experience sothat I can avoid the eventual mistakes and save my time.

·
Registered
19,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Please note that there is a mistake with the plastic ring, when I took this photo the thicker part of the ring is turned toward the bottom, in fact you must turn the thicker side of the ring toward to top and the thinner size toward the the bottom or it would eventually prevent the spring from the contact with the metal cap.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks for the great write up and photos Ivt!

It'll be very useful when I have to clean my Riseman.

(This deserves to be put in the Articles & Tutorials section I feel).

---

·
Registered
19,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you mates :p

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good and detailed info A+

Reactions: lvt

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is very useful, thank you very much.

Reactions: lvt

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

Please note that on the dial, there is a protective film, I guess that it's the anti-scratch / anti-glare adhesive we usually found on the screen of consumer electronic gadgets.
First off all thanks for this thread, it was a good read and I love pictures.

There were a number of threads in the past about people mentioning to put a protective screen sticker (like on smartphones) on a G-shock and they were laughed away; "why would you want to do that, afraid of scratches blabla".

Funny to see Casio themselves do it, guess the idea wasn't that bad after all.

·
Registered
399 Posts
nice job and nice pictures. Your tear down helped me to solve a big question I had since I bought my riseman.... What is beneath that metal cover??? is the sensor behind that thing for real?
Of course I was skeptic about CASIO putting the sensor exposed.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
19,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice job and nice pictures. Your tear down helped me to solve a big question I had since I bought my riseman.... What is beneath that metal cover??? is the sensor behind that thing for real?
Of course I was skeptic about CASIO putting the sensor exposed.

Thanks for sharing.

The sensor is well hidden inside the case, it's connected to the circuit board by a flat cable, the protruding part is there for a good look and maybe to reduce turbulent airflow so the barometric sensor could work better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks a lot for this detailed service documentation. I 've been cleaning my watch and got lost with the plastic ring. Thanks to your manual I could put it back properly.

Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts