WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve long had an obsession with the Master of G line for their ruggedness, and multi-fiction features that go beyond time. The only thing that stopped me was the current lineup’s size. My wrist allows the square models to look proportional to my wrist, but the 6900s are just too big for my personal taste.

One day, I was browsing through F17 and saw a picture of GW-9200 Riseman sitting in between a 5600 and a 6900. I had finally found a Master of G that I could wear. So I purchased a GW-9200 about 6 months ago.

I love the watch itself, but I never found it comfortable due to the long and stiff strap of the Riseman. So after digging around for some compatible straps, I purchased the GW-9100 straps. As you can see from the pics below, the GW-9100 strap is noticeably shorter. It is also more pliable than the Riseman straps.

This was not known to me until the swap, but the 9200 straps have notches for clearance to protrusions on the case. So I grabbed a sharp knife and carved notches into the 9100 straps.

While not pretty, I was able to fit them into the watch and the notches are completely hidden when installed.

Now the watch feels more comfortable and there’s less of an overhang when wearing.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Nice hack, but why didn't you pick the Gulfman? instead of the Riseman?

I like the Riseman together with its own straps, and consider it a little bit more fancy than the Gulfman, whereas I could wear the Gulfman for work, and Riseman for fun

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice hack, but why didn't you pick the Gulfman? instead of the Riseman?

I like the Riseman together with its own straps, and consider it a little bit more fancy than the Gulfman, whereas I could wear the Gulfman for work, and Riseman for fun
At the time of the purchase, I honestly didn't know about the older version of the Gulfman.

Looking at it now, I think the Riseman has a more appropriate size. Also, it seems that the Gulfman is 2~3 times more expensive than the Riseman on ebay. I think I was fortunate to find mine for ~$90, which I think is a very fair price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts