WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My question is to any Australians (or regular visitors to Australia) on the forum who have a GW-9200 Riseman (3147) - that is, the Multiband 6 version. Are there any problems in owning this watch in Oz given that we are out of reception range for the atomic timekeeping feature? Also, are there any other problems with having this version in Australia such as battery availability, etc?

Mostly you can only get the G-9200 in Australia but I like the idea of having the atomic timekeeping feature of the GW-9200 for when I travel and will happily order one from outside Australia as long as its not going to have any trouble operating here.

This is my first post to this forum and I hope someone here can help me out...:-!

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
182 Posts
Gday, you'll have no problems with the GW-9200 in oz. I'm a happy owner from Brissy. Depending on where you are in oz, with stupid time zones and DST, but for me i leave my watch set for TKO with DST 'on' that way it remains on Brissy time and can automatically recieve every night. With regards to recieving signal it is hit or miss depending on location, mine will sync every night for a week or so then maybe go 2/3 weeks without syncing, but so far its keeping bang on with accuracy, hasn't dropped a second in over 3 months. I have a Skyhawk AT which will sync every night regardless of being left by window, bedside cabinet or even in the cupboard. My only problem with Casio's atomics is that they will only recieve when the home city is set to either TKO, HKG, LON, PRS, NYC etc in other words an area covered by the station (all home cities and matching stations explained in manual). Hope this helps and it seems very easy to pick up CTL1616 batteries here and on the net, but with the beautiful aussie weather my few solar models have never once dropped below full charge.
All the best Mate Mairtin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts