WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. First i want to say that i'm pretty new here but i already read the G-shock forum everyday (it's addictive!). So i'm planning on buying my first G-shock, the GW-9400. But since i live in The Netherlands, the watch is priced at €300. So a friend of mine is going to the USA from November 5th to November 12th. So it would be great if she could pick up the G-shock for me. But i am concerned that the watch will sell out, or even worse: it won't be released yet :-(. So does anyone know when it will release in the Soho NYC store? Thank you.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I haven't heard word of the exact release date in the USA, but the general rumor is sometime in November. Unfortunately, it may be later on near the Thanksgiving time frame (last week of the month). If you're lucky and it's the first week, I think your friend should have a good shot at getting one at the G-Shock SoHo store or at Macy's. Because many people will get them on-line with free shipping and no tax to save some $$, I doubt they'll sell out in stores. These aren't a limited release.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't heard word of the exact release date in the USA, but the general rumor is sometime in November. Unfortunately, it may be later on near the Thanksgiving time frame (last week of the month). If you're lucky and it's the first week, I think your friend should have a good shot at getting one at the G-Shock SoHo store or at Macy's. Because many people will get them on-line with free shipping and no tax to save some $$, I doubt they'll sell out in stores. These aren't a limited release.
Well, lets just hope it is going to be the first week :-d. But is it going to be $300 retail? I'm a little confused now :think:

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation Odie. Looks like you're out of luck Renzer. :-( VAT sucks but at least you have quality healthcare without breaking the bank!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the confirmation Odie. Looks like you're out of luck Renzer. :-( VAT sucks but at least you have quality healthcare without breaking the bank!
That is true :-d. And well, her husband goes from to time to time to America because of his work. So there is still some hope :-!. But can someone confirm that the non carbon fiber version costs $300 in America? Would be appreciated ;-).

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
But can someone confirm that the non carbon fiber version costs $300 in America? Would be appreciated ;-).
No one can confirm the price with 100% certainty, however Casio US stated number of times during last few weeks the recommended retail price in US market will be set at $300.

But as others have mentioned above, it will be close to the end on Nov and beginning of Dec that you'll most likely see them on the shelves there.

·
Premium Member
13,983 Posts
xevious,

Do you think Macy's will carry the GW9400 in their stores? It seems retail stores never carry a model that will push over the $150 limit. I was shocked (pun not intended) to find a store today that had a 9300 mudman.

Thanks

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Rocat, Macy's is stocked by individual store. Macy's as a chain will definitely have a rangeman. They are scheduled to get the 30th anniversary MTG-1030 as well which has a much higher suggested retail. But all of these are significantly less than other watches they also carry. That's why stores stock individually based on their strengths.

Will your individual store carry it? Hard to say. Might want to visit and get to know them.

sent with aloha

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
not the case, I've seen several expensive G's at macy's for example gw-a1000-1, gw-a1000fc-2, gw-4000, gw-9330b-1 to name a few

xevious,

Do you think Macy's will carry the GW9400 in their stores? It seems retail stores never carry a model that will push over the $150 limit. I was shocked (pun not intended) to find a store today that had a 9300 mudman.

Thanks

Thanks,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts